StrokedTater244 Swingarms!!!!

Just need a new chain and adjust the 400ex shock

390399_324581564230108_100000348027983_1147212_724530326_n.jpg

HAAAAA! guess Ineed to put my other glasses on!!!!! I can never tell a stock length from a +2 or 3 pic!!! old age!

Just out of curiosity, why is it sitting so high? Seems the shock mount could be moved back a bit to get it to the correct ride height.

Why is the back end sitting so high? I looked at the before and after pics and it seems like the after is about 2" higher than the stock ride height. Was the lower shock mount relocated to compensate for the additional length? Even if the spring is maxed out, it wont sit that high. Trigonometry is involved when extending a swingarm. If the arm is extended, the lower shock mount will need to be re-located to compensate for the extension and bring the quad back to a normal ride height. From the pics we saw, the Blaster is at a very obvious pitch downward.

the back of the elvis' quad is sitting higher for 2 reasons. which i will state for other interested parties. i think the folks asking already know why, anyway.

1- when i perform this style of extension i do not relocate the shock mount. this will make the quad sit higher in the back. on a 3" extension it will sit right about 3/4" higher in the back.

2- elvis is running a 400ex rear shock. this shock is .500" longer than a stock blaster shock. this will equal to about a 1" increase in the height. a simple solution for guys using 400ex, 450r, z400 shocks is to cut the shock mount 1/2" shorter and redrill the hole. it needs drilled in the 1st place so most would already have the correct sized bit.

alot of riders would benefit from a slightly higher rear ride height. it will help to keep the front end down when climbing steep inclines. or help keep it down if you are making good HP. also you can keep the shock setting on the softer side and not worry about bottoming out on obstacles as much. for trail riders a little extra ground clearance can help out alot when tackling rough terrain!

thanks for your questions and concerns.

I:I

I thought larger tires were the only way to increase ground clearence ????
jacking up the body does not !!!

well having the chassis higher will give more ground clearence under your frame and engine. sorry, your swingarm skidplate will still be at the same height.

its all about where you ride and how you ride ...Me I like the MX track even if it is jacked up a bit if gives me way more squish on doubles and triples.....like who really wants to ride a blasty over rocks and sh*t LMAO unless theres a 4x4 conversion for the blaster FTW.....anyways ill be re-drilling my 400ex shock thats not mentioned in Kens video using a stock swinger which even then ur jacked up ........FFS like kids in the sandbox

If you seen some Awks vid, you'd be like WTF, that's not trail riding, that's trail blazing, LOL

I can see why the "Mountain" tears $hit up

If you seen some Awks vid, you'd be like WTF, that's not trail riding, that's trail blazing, LOL

I can see why the "Mountain" tears $hit up

It's a place that takes real skill to ride. Some people like more of a challenge then some groomed MX track with a couple of jumps.

It has nothing to do with the swingarm. It's the shock hence the reason mine used to sit so high on my +4 from the swingarm shop.

DSCF3536.jpg

True! Or bigger rims!
Maybe the middle of the frame will be higher but that isn't doin any good unless you can drive sideways!
how would bigger rims give you more ground clearence? and in alot of situtations keeping your frame, engine, pegs and feet a little higher away from rocks and logs will help.
It has nothing to do with the swingarm. It's the shock hence the reason mine used to sit so high on my +4 from the swingarm shop.

DSCF3536.jpg

that is not 100% true paulie. the swingarm is angled and when you increase the length you will get a slightly higher ride height at the rear of the machine. a +3 +4 brings them up about 3/4". it does not change the handling charictaristics much at all.