Pikledbeats Dream Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Finally Ready For Dream Build ... Need Engine Suggestions

So I finally got my frame back today after three and a half weeks, but it's sweet the powdercoating job is ridiculously well done. the prep work was awesome and it shows.

My parts however were done by my buddy who has recently set up a mediablaster and powdercoating gun etc. at his shop. The problem here is that he only has a small oven, it just barely fit my steering stem. Long story short I let him do it and it came back f*cked up ... being a perfectionist I had to spend hours sand/bead blasting it to redo and now although it cost me a sh*t load of time prepping all my sh*t is done and ready to go and is fugin sick....

My build finally really starts here and i'll be posting sh*tloads of pics, pics and more pics starting tommorow evening.

tuned in beets, pics, pics, pics !!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know the torque on axle nut and axle nut lock nut for g-force axle

just tighten the sh*t out of the nut and then put 8lbs on the little allen head bolt.

Ok lets get started

First my frame bl09 pc'ed semi-gloss (This is so it has some contrast to the rest of gloss black pc parts)

np0suw.jpg

swr5ow.jpg

Started with the steering stem so it was in when I did my arms, tried to mount with pc at top but had to take it back off and sand it off at the top mount cuz it wouldnt turn the first time ... lol. Also I just got the Tag T2 bars, they are high bend banshee bars and with fatbar mounts they raise everything about two inches over stock. I had to hunt these down because Tag does not make this exact model anymore. The bars, shock bushings and D.I.D. ERT chain are gold.

2wghlkm.jpg

Gotta lose the Tag stickers however cuz I had these pro-taper mounts and did not want to get new Tag ones.

vz9bo7.jpg

Last edited:

Then I dicked around with my brackets that were made to move the heelguard mounts, I did this cuz I had forgot to mock up with frame guard in place and was worried how everything might fit together.

This first pic is of the notch I cut in the fender bracket where the other bracket sits.

be9110.jpg

You can see in this pic that once all three parts were mocked up there was a funny tab of the frame guard sticking out by the bracket, so off it came off for a little modification

sdiesn.jpg

Here it is mocked up after cutting guard, I'm sure some on here think I'm crazy about getting it right and would never cut discontinued Works Connection Guards but hey whadda ya do... I'm a perfectionist, hence the new stainless bolts ...

6hl0xv.jpg

Ok now for some meat and potatoes ...

Hooked up some new ASR A-Arm Covers Black and Gold these are a hella good deal comparatively (21$) and were worth it, my old ones were trashed.

6eqhqq.jpg

I love these HLS Shocks, They match the theme perfect ...

euof2g.jpg

I added the top arm and spindle, but am going to have to clean up a little powder-coat, if you can see I couldn't fit the middle piece to the top arms in.

e14039.jpg

I sat in the brake guard and tie-rod next just to see how sick the pc theme was comin along ...

2wh1o4z.jpg

The red of the shocks is a little off but I'm gonna have to run covers anyway so hopefully I can find just some straight red ones that match a little better.

Back out to the garage, I'll hit up some more pics in a couple hrs.

Okay nother pic of front from front (pic1), Hung my bumper by one screw to check it (pic2)

2n1detw.jpg

2ivfldx.jpg

Atleast I remembered to drill this side's gusset for frame guard

14jpw7p.jpg

2uijgqe.jpg

Man this guard is a little dirty in pic, I'm gonna have to clean it up ...

Oh and I got my bushings in my swingarm and my axle got put together I couldn't get the best pics of it off the bike but here's a few.

Axle and Carrier/Hubs
2ih1gd1.jpg

Rear Wheel Hubs ...

o91e9w.jpg

And yes everything is same color just weird lighting in this pic ...

I'll hit you guys up tommorow with more pics gonna get it into a roller tommorow

Nice one, Beets! I'm liking the red and black color scheme and the PC work looks great. Where are you guys (you, 79Bronco, and others) getting those slick frame guards? Or do they come with a gusset kit?

Nice one, Beets! I'm liking the red and black color scheme and the PC work looks great. Where are you guys (you, 79Bronco, and others) getting those slick frame guards? Or do they come with a gusset kit?

They're works connection guards, I got mine from them about four yrs ago and have had them sitting around since until now. They havnt made em since 2006 but you can still find them on ebay sometimes ...

I'd talk to bronco he made his and they look pretty sick ... but wouldnt be hard to make

wow this is a very detailed build, coming along great dude I:I

Status
Not open for further replies.