Pikledbeats Dream Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Finally Ready For Dream Build ... Need Engine Suggestions

those shocks look and sound good, i'd just run them biotches, they'll be just fine for anything a blaster can throw at them, and if you know where the manufacturer is, they should be able to sevice them, if ever needed

Main Problem with shocks is color, When building something that I've put so much time into I don't want to throw on a part regardless of how nice it is, just cuz I have em. A nice set of elkas would match my red/black color scheme alot better.

Also, I will be selling the following as well, for starts, more on the way

PM me if your interested in anything on this list (most will go for rock-bottom) being stock parts

ASR 12mm Upgraded Stock Length Tie-Rod Kit (Gold Rods)
MSR Dominator Handle Bars
Stock Steering Stem (Straight)
Full 03’ Fender Set (Yamaha Blue)
03’ Swingarm/Axle/Carrier
92’ Swingarm/Axle/Carrier/Sproket/Disc (New Bearings)
Full Set of 03’ Stock A-Arms
92’ Top Stock A-Arms (both sides) Mint Condition
Two Pairs (4 total) Stock Front Shocks – Red Springs (Extra Set of White Springs)
Moose Racing YZ Handle Bars
03’ Stock Silver Rims and Tires
Stock Swingarm Guard (Mint)
PowerMadd 1inch Handle Bar Risers
88-02 Pegs (powdercoated silver vein)
Black Nerfs with Red Webbing (shown on ATV in Avatar Pic)

Now . . . heading out to take more pictures for the haters . . . lol

y070w.jpg

Ok, so pics are coming, I sold the engans and had gtthunder build a custom HLS shock setup using eibach springs. These were custom built starting with a yfz shock then lengthened to 16 1/4 eye to eye and adding correct springs and custom bushings to fit correctly to blaster with no spacers

2hwo7x2.jpg

Here is most of front end

2qs0w13.jpg

Ok, here's a picture of my plastics. Tank is missing, my wife is decaling custom "blaster" vinyl stickers for it at her work.

2mcjb6s.jpg

Ok hear is the rear end besides brake which is getting taken off my old carrier today and rear shock which is still up in the air

2gwuv68.jpg

I love this carrier, I have seen some other stock style carriers but this one by far is the nicest stock style dual row carrier ive seen

33yqu7q.jpg

NEED HELP PLEASE ....

Awk, maybe you know, but is there anyone running a g-force axle with 03-06 carrier?

The g-force instructions are vague and the axle itself has a blaster specific spacer but I am thinkin this is for 88-02, not 03-06.

If anyone is running a g-force axle with 03-06 carrier could you plz upload a close-up picture of it, or point me to a listing with one. I searched but could not find one in the forums. I will give rep points for sure.

i run that axle with the pre 03' and i used the spacer but im almost positive for 03 up and banshee you dont use it. only need the spacer for the old "floating disc"

That was my thought, instructions are worthless, they are for four diffrent quads, thats why i'm lookin for pic. I'll get it figured one way or another but always easier to see what someone else has done before learning you did it wrong the hard way ... :-/

Randoms:

Trenga oil cover (aluminium), ASV lever for hydraulic brake master cylinder, outerwears with cut airbox cover (to hold on outerwears so no velcro need to brace it around with metal plate similiar to EHS), Works frame guards, Modquad PB block off, Tusk breather cap. Oh, and red powder-coated stock throttle cover.

1jq4g6.jpg

These are the nerfs/pegs i'll be using.

I will not be using these heel plates. They are made for the stock plastic heel guards (like stock heel plates), we are fabbing brackets for a pair (pictures soon)

2romjog.jpg

These pegs are sick ...I:I

149r1ht.jpg

Some of the other aluminium :

260akx5.jpg

I also will no longer use these A-Arm guards as I doubt they'll fit my new arms and I am slightly concerned about weight. Suprisingly the new swingarm is same as stock but axle is "heavy". Arms are adding equal est. weight in front over stock. Since I'm not planning on doing heavy engine work I gotta start thinking about weight.

wow man pic's look great!! cant wait for you to start putting this together!!

The frame just went to my fabricator to get my gusset kit installed, then paint/powdercoat then build.

If anyone finds anything about the g-force axle, let me know...

what nerf bars are those? they look sick! is there like a mount that replaces the stock pegs? or do they bolt to the stock to make wide or what?

what an awsome build! I did notice one small chink in the armor though, that no one has comented on. Your exhaust choice. I don't know much about the alien exhaust but i thought it was made for a basicaly stock motor. I personally would go with something else like an f7 or maybe even toomey before the alien. if you go to a stroked ported or even just ported motor you will probably be hendering performance. But this is just my opinion and i really don't know a lot about the alien exhaust

Yea, some stuff I've used. Not all this was even bought brand new. I've been through another blaster build that i built up twice tore apart bought a new one tore it down bought some parts ... parted some sh*t out. That's why i pretty much say it took five years to get everything to build sh*t the exact way I've wanted it. It's probably half and half new and old. Even when I got my shocks built I had them rebuild an almost new pair with new springs. They only cost me 270. They would've been 500 new. The bumper, nerfs, grab bar, skid plate were already ridden on the 03' before I tore it down to do this build. (lol ... thats why I was on your case to do a DIY on polishing).

The nerfs are xtreme fabrications they are a small shop who does everything to order but come as pictured. I'll take pictures of mounts. I pretty sure I've seen others on here with pairs.

I'm hopin to have the frame done this week so hopefully I'll get building soon, but i'll keep posting pics as I get sh*t all cleaned and laid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.