KOR 6mm stroker crank !!!!!!

OConnor Racing

Mines Bigger
Technician
Dec 1, 2009
CT
www.kenoconnorracing.com
I fell into a free Blaster engine last week. Tarmo and I took it apart today and found we had a virgin 66mm cylinder, good cases, crank, flywheel, transmission and a stock head. We talked about what we were going to do with it. Part it out, do a build and sell it, or do something really different. We decided on building something we’ve never tried before. Here’s what we have in mind. We’re going to try a stock bore 6.5mm stroker engine. I’ve been thinking about this for a very long time and I’m ready to pull the trigger. The additional stroke will be very close to what the KTM 200’s are running. I’ve accumulated a bunch of parts over the past few years so this should be a pretty inexpensive project. Here’s what we have planned.

Stock Blaster crankshaft stroked to 6.5mm, stuffer blocks installed, dynamic balance with a Vito’s rod. All done in house.

Trenched cases. We may have to relocate one bolt.

CR reed block. I would rather run a V-Force 4 but I got this for free.

Lightened flywheel

Lightened counter balance shaft

Cylinder porting………….Not sure who I’m sending that to????????? Yeah right.

Head mod

New bearings, seals, Wiseco piston and gaskets.

Toomey B1 pipe.

We did a cost projection on this and I figure we’re looking at $250 for expenses and we’ll see what this thing does. We plan on finishing the crankshaft on Monday. I’ll keep you posted as we make progress. The shop is flat out but we’ll find a way to squeeze this in. Should be interesting.

Would like to see this as a Video When Built !! ,

Only So I could See What and How you Modify For the Below List !!

Trenched cases. We may have to relocate one bolt.

CR reed block.

Lightened flywheel

Lightened counter balance shaft

Cylinder porting………….Not sure who I’m sending that to????????? Yeah right.

Head mod

This sounds like it'll be cool I:I I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. :D`

Hey Ken, do you have access to a dyno? I'm curious to see what numbers it'll be running.

Also, what will you be putting it in? Will it be setup for trail, drag, MX, etc?

I have access to a shop called “The Dyno Lab” here in CT. Depending on what Awk tells me, we may have it tested. No vids on this one but we’ll post pics. Chinese food just got here. Time for egg rolls and Po Fri Ri. Later brothers.

I know you said no vids but a stock crank turn stroker. Yeah that deserves a vid.

as much as ken shares with everyone on here, surely he doesn't tell all does he ? 8-|
just enuf to expose the smoke screens

What? No critic? I'm sure there will be a theory on how this won't work.

shhhhhhh, they're googling for theories right now :D

noob question, how can it be stroked to +6.5 like what kind of rod?

again...just a little oconnor magic :D

but really, it's been done before, i'm not sure if it was like this, to fit in +4 milled cases ?
a 6 mil stroker is what the old 265+ motors were based on

Last edited:
again...just a little oconnor magic :D

but really, it's been done before, i'm not sure if it was like this, to fit in +4 milled cases ?
a 6 mil stroker is what the old 265+ motors were based on, apparently he's come up with a way to go another 1/2 mil without extra trenching.

so just like a long rod?