AWKS full rebuild ????

sucks on the mix up......

blaster is looking really good awk, around here i'd be running mine at around 6.5 inches (probably around where mine's at now) but i just have to deal with mud, not a lot of rocks

end of this subject, any further discussion will be deleted, back to my build !!!!!!!

hope everything works out for yea! is your sons bike getting those works??

yes, my sons is getting the works on 06 stock a-arms,(the too long yfz's destroyed his ball joints last year) my old steering stabilizer, and all his parts will go onto my frame that i bent last year(getting painted black to match his paint scheme)
prolly some new tires all around too

got all my plastics and motor pulled from my old frame and at least washed off good,
this awk mt. mud is baked onto the cylinder and it will get a new coat of high temp black tomorrow, polished my lrd silencer up pretty good, and will be getting to the airbox tomorrow too
and also got the new mounts fabbed and welded to the lower arms that will give me my original height of 9 1/2 - 10 inches to the frame under the front bumper, primer and paint them first thing tomorrow, so by days end i get a roller back
i used 1" x 3/16" angle to give them way more weld area than the standard mounts that came from ASR, they are welded both sides,
all the way around, to the cross tube, the floorplate and the original mounts

only pic i got today, new mounts on lower a-arms before drilling the new holes...............
65rg3m.jpg

Coming along there bro! I will have my carb by the end of the week hope to get a ride in Sunday- just local! for some jetting! then I'll be ready for AWK Mountain!

The shock mount look great!!Glad you got it all set and ready to go bro.You will be ready in no time at all.

the elkas i traded the yfz triple rates for, thanx dually
am8nsj.jpg

finally made some progress today.......
finshed drillin the new lower shock mounts and got everything loosly bolted up
woohoo !!!! my measurements were correct, i now have 10 inches of ground clearence up front, i had 9 1/2 on my old arms, same shocks
gotta paint them new mounts when my elkas show up, and the alignment needs tweaked the too
the pic is with the yfz front rims flipped, not sure if they will stay that direction or not, but it's 50" wide like that, i'm thinkin i like them the other way to better protect my calipers and all the suspension heims ????

had to tear that left nerf off to finish up the new pedal and get the master aligned right, and transfered my under seat rezzie from the old frame, still waitin for the new braided line to finish the rear brakes

got the silencer and new grab bar mounted up, threw a fresh coat of flame proof paint on my cylinder and dropped it in too !!!!!!!!

the spacers for the g-force axle were here when i got home, so it may go in tomorrow if i find time, i have 3 brake systems that need finished up ????

2l8x1kl.jpg

33m4k5e.jpg

Its looking awesome awk!!! If it was me i would flip the rims back to protect the calipers and the lower suspension heims... and i love your bumper!!!I:I

you might want to flip those rims back around, the bump steer will be terrible (even with your stabilizer) and also exposes your heims wayy to much

Man, what a mess with the shocks, new mounts look good though, and interesting to know it didnt f**ck up the PC. I'd flip your rims back too, especially with no brake guards, I love the pro armor nerfs the fab work is sweet, I'd be worried about the fact that your toes are gonna sit on the front bar, they don't look far out, might make shifting tricky.

looks awesome man. yeah i would flip the rims back 50" is mad wide for trail riding. plus you need the protection so the mountain doesnt eat your brakes and suspension lol.