Full Rebuild of $180 "Blaster"

Well! Tore the engine apart today since golf was rained out. Turns out it has a vitos 240 kit on it! (Based on watching Kens videos, if I'm wrong help me out I'm new to BB)

Never seen a piston like this before

The piston says W240P4 on the top and the y-1 is missing on the case and has not been ground off

a stock cylinder casting will have the "Y-1" on the intake,
this should clear things up...........

Is that how the intake should look on the big bore pistons? I have seen some BB that have 2 intake slots, then some that have 1 like this. Also why is there no exhaust port on the piston?

Well after much deliberation and calculations with my budget that i can spare for this bike and my time frame. I need a quad by beginning of October. I think I'm going to build this up. The swing arm bearings are good, so are the fronts. Just need a bushing kit for the front. I ended up finding a good bottom end on craigslist, the case I ended up getting with the bike was cracked in several places. The bore is measured at 72.25mm, so depending on which piston I get, I could got to 72.5, or 73mm.

With that said and getting a new piston and bore with it being a bbk, while I'm at it should i just order the +3mill stroker while I have my card out for Ken? How would it run on just the stock crank? Also It only has a stock pipe and silencer. I found a FMF fatty gold series and powercore 2 silencer on CL for 75$, that's a must snatch up lol.

Also nobody answered my question about the piston that's in the engine now, Why does the intake look like that? why is it not the 2 ports in the piston like I have always seen?

With the BBK, stroker, FMF what carb should I get because it currently doesn't have any.

the fmf exhaust isnt a good pipe for a bbk stroker motor. but it will work, imo pwk 28mm bored to 30mm would work best since its a bb with a low/mid pipe. and i am unsure on the piston too:confused:

Well tore into the motor a little bit more today. Popped the flywheel cover off and found this:

After some searching around I find out its a PVL Racing stator and ignition. Someone put some money in to this motor!!! heres a link for one on eBay..
Blaster PVL Racing Stator
Only problem is now I cant get it off the shaft with the tusk tool. Gotta find out a way to get it off now.

Since I could not get that off the shaft i turned the motor over to get all the gears off and check this out. Took off this gear that is badly damaged, and it reveled another crack in this case. Something went very bad inside this engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice score that ignition is worth more than you paid for the whole quad

sure is !
and that piston only has one port as thats what the wossner pistons have, currently the only bbk piston available i believe.
plus those boysen/boost ports right against the sleeve reveal that is a vito's 240 cylinder

sure is !
and that piston only has one port as thats what the wossner pistons have, currently the only bbk piston available i believe.
plus those boysen/boost ports right against the sleeve reveal that is a vito's 240 cylinder

Does it hurt its performance only having the single port? My thought would be get as much air in as possible right?

Does it hurt its performance only having the single port? My thought would be get as much air in as possible right?

thats not the only place air/fuel enter the bottom end, no worries

So if the case is not trenched for a hot rods crank, that means its a stock stroke crank :( since they only make stoke and +4 stroker. Am I correct to assume that?