Full Rebuild of $180 "Blaster"

Got the motor basically assembled besides the stator which im still figuring out. But have some questions
1: While spinning the motor over with my hand using the front sprocket on my workbench (kitchen table), there seems to be a pause before the motor clicks into the next gear and its not like that on every gear. For example I click it from 1st to 2nd, shifts just fine. So I sin the sprocket to make sure the motor turns over just fine and it takes 1/4 to half turn of the sprocket before the trans "engages" then there is a click as it goes in. 5th gear as soon as I shifted up it spins the crank right away, but on the other gears it takes a second before it goes into gear. Am I being paranoid or do I have to look around the shift star area code. Now the trans doesnt have oil in it yet so that may be the problem and I'm just being paranoid lol

Here is a short vid I made

2: while spinning the motor over it will only spin 1 way, is this correct. I know Blaaster said earlier that it should spin freely in both directions I just want to make sure thats the case and I'm not splitting these cases again.

Ok some updates!!

Leak tested the motor before puting it back in the bike. I had a very small leak on the stator crank seal. I was losing about a psi every 4-5 min. took me 30 min just to find the leak it was so small. To be honest, I am going to be using this bike for this weekend only, nothing more this year. So I think that I'm just going to run it like it is, unless the boonies of WV have a crank seal at the parts store lol.

Spent about 4 hours one day after work running wires and building a harness (should have bought one like i was told to XD) But got everything connected, 2 kicks and it came to life! I was amazed, didnt think I had it wired correctly haha.

So like always there is a problem...Starts fine, idles great went through the heat cycles perfectly. So once I retourqed the head and cylinder fired it back up and gave it a little more throttle. Reved high nicely then the infamous BOG. let off the throttle, back to a nice idle. Now I have not plug chopped to check jetting, nor do I, and I hate to say this, nor do I know what jet is in it. But as I am typing this I need to find out....brb lol

Checking that jet is a good place to start! Make sure the carb is clean, and its getting a good flow of fuel.

Does the bog sound lean or rich to you???

Well opened up the carb and I have good eyesight, but it seems like the jet says 200....I find that impossible lol. but I looked for 10 min and its 200. I have an FMF fatty gold series, no airbox lid. So my starting point would be between 270-300 right?

Any updates on this? I just read it from the beginning and am interested on how it turned out. Its cool you decided to save the bike. I am in the process of getting mine running again. Waiting on the cylinder to come back from KOR. I thought I got a real good deal on a rebuilt bike. It ran good but was all screwed up. Mine has a fmf fatty gold series, timing advance with the key, boysen reeds, was at .020 but ken has to go bigger now, k&n type filter with the lid on and it had a 230 jet. I am at 1700 ft. I think, wouldn't that be too small of a jet?