AWKS full rebuild ????

hey joe you guys still got any snow down there????ours is meltin fast up here

no go bro, it's been gone for a couple weeks, was close to 60 the last 2 days, but it's not comepletly done yet, some expected late next week, but it won't last long if so

awk-them works for sale or trade?

they very well may be, lemme see what i can come up with for different mounts over the weekend, if it's a bust, they will be for sale, with you at the top of the list since you ask first, but i gotta warn ya, these are only a few years old, yfz triple rates, unlike our works, which could be up to 15+ yrs. old
(i had a brand new set back in '96) they will not be sold for "blaster dual rate" price,
i know what they'll do on ebay and i'd only consider a partial trade for blaster "works" shocks...no WP'S

well, just talked to tater, and we determined that these the mount location on these a-arms are the same as stock a-arms????? and will not work with the yfz triple rates as they sit, i thought they were long travel ????
so it's either back to my dual rate works, or i will be looking into making custom top mounts for these yfz's ????? possibly in futher, inside the frame, like the opposite of the popular widening kits ???? we shall see !!!!

thanx matt, always full of invaluable info !!!!!!

how can it be the same when the location was totally different than the arms u sent me and with stock shocks and those arms my quad was a low rider and def sits higher with the arms u sent me again????????? my quad with yfz 450 shocks didnt sit with the control arms at the angle yours is

334.jpg

how can it be the same when the location was totally different than the arms u sent me and with stock shocks and those arms my quad was a low rider and def sits higher with the arms u sent me again????????? my quad with yfz 450 shocks didnt sit with the control arms at the angle yours is

?????????? the yfz's on there now are slightly longer than 16 inches, what i believed was required for LT arms, which tater informed me stock arms have the shock mount out at 7 some inches, the same as these asr's ????
so what were the ones i sent you with the shock mount at 4+ inches ????
we'll see tomorrow when i put my stock length "works dual rates" back on,
luckily i have 2 different sets and lengths, and also at that angle you see in the pic, my tie rod is hitting the upper a-arms when cranked the whole way, either direction on both sides ????

BTW...... i was leaving you out of this

?????????? the yfz's on there now are slightly longer than 16 inches, what i believed was required for LT arms, which tater informed me stock arms have the shock mount out at 7 some inches, the same as these asr's ????
so what were the ones i sent you with the shock mount at 4+ inches ????
we'll see tomorrow when i put my stock length "works dual rates" back on,
luckily i have 2 different sets and lengths, and also at that angle you see in the pic, my tie rod is hitting the upper a-arms when cranked the whole way, either direction on both sides ????

BTW...... i was leaving you out of this

i didnt think u were directing it at me awk im just trying to understand why it sat at a normal height with my yfz shocks yet sits so high on yours

well, hala-fugin-luya
dually just solved both our problems, we will be trading shocks, straight up...........
my "works yfz triple rates" for his "remote rezzie, dual rate elka's"
saves him from buying new/used long travel shocks for the lt asr's he's gettin, and saves me a bunch of hassle tryin to make these work for me thanx brother

wait, that felt good, lemme say that again............
ELKA'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, hala-fugin-luya
dually just solved both our problems, we will be trading shocks, straight up...........
saves him from buying new/used long travel shocks for the lt asr's he's gettin, and saves me a bunch of hassle tryin to make these work for me thanx brother

ELKA'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to elka world! Ian you are the man!

well, hala-fugin-luya

ELKA'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so what are the arms i sent u?? and what the heck are the arms u sent me ?????

i'm puzzled too, i got at least 2 guys on here tellin me this length shocks work with these arms, but look at the pics, the tie rods hiy the upper arms when cranked left or right, and my front ride height went from 9 1/2 inches to 14 inches with this combo, as for the arms i sent you ?????
dont you have them on yet ????

did you throw some stock shocks on to be sure it anit something with the yfz's ya got looking great though old man when i get mine fixed i gota hit ya up for a ride on the moutain

i'm puzzled too, i got at least 2 guys on here tellin me this length shocks work with these arms, but look at the pics, the tie rods hiy the upper arms when cranked left or right, and my front ride height went from 9 1/2 inches to 14 inches with this combo, as for the arms i sent you ?????
dont you have them on yet ????

i know what the difference is now the lowers i sent u are modified lt arms made to be used with 15.75 inch yfz shocks not 16.25 inch shocks according to my receipt

countin this as my loss and lesson learned, no return of my arms needed, i cannot afford anymore time wasted on my build, i've wasted far too much time waiting on certian parts to arrive
i wanna ride, asap, i will just rework the mount on these and spray paint over whatever powdercoating that burns off during the reweld,
my bad, i should have never trusted someone elses word, and pre fit them to my bike before having them PC'd
all is good and i'll be back on track timewise in an hour or so tomorrow

the pics of the extreme angle of these arms with the yfz's they were intended for, and 14" of ground clearence are above
but just for comparison, heres what the arms left me with using my blaster length dual rates, 7 inches of ground clearance, (again, completely unacceptable)
when it should be around 9 1/2 " < which it will be tomorrow after reworking them

2zez40x.jpg

2hgscxj.jpg