AWKS full rebuild ????

rims will go back standard, and the front nerf bar is about 8 inches in front of the pedal, plenty for my toes,
and @ smoker........... another of my "old school ideals" if i wanted a 250cc race hood bike........ i'd buy a 250r, plus the fact the bbk kits and pistons for them are gettin sketchy at beat for availabilty, i'll pass on all that hassle
best you may ever see from me is a 3mil stroker, ported to the max 200cc bike, plenty enuf for the tight trails around here

also...rockymountainatv fugged my axle spacers order, they sent the ones for the hub ends, after my extensive talk with whatever dimwit sent me these, but the girl today figured it out, and is sending the correct ones for free, they won't be here till monday though
worked on brakes kits all day, but will leak test the motor tomorrow, even though its been run a few months last year, can't be too safe, pull and clean carb, then airbox pipe and plastics

almost done, after 2 good weeks of pullin my hair out, but in reality i got alot done in just 2 weeks time, complete teardown, 06 frame... mounts welded on to fit my 02 parts, stripped and painted,
new.... gsxr brakes, swinger, axle, carrier, a-arms, all 3 shocks, nerfs all needing fitted and tweaked, and also the a-arm troubles needing new mounts welded on, and swicthing shocks with dualstroke

got a sh*t load done today...............

got the elkas on and the rezzies mounted the only place the way the line is turned would allow, rubber hose as a cushion between the frame and just ty-rapped for now
i may grab a proper dual mount in the future ????
2d2i2e1.jpg

when i went to flip the rims back standard, aligned, tightened, cotter punned all the suspension nuts/bolts,
installed new front brake pads and noticed the brakes were sticking, upon further investigation saw that the braided cables were hittin the spindle, not allowing the brakes to release, then found the slides were really gummed up after 2 years on the bike, turned the lines, tore calipers apart and cleaned/ greased everything and re-bled, these puppies will do stoppies now !!
installed the pipe too, but it was riding too close for comfort to the nerfs, used my buddies porta-power to spread the front of the nerfs our further on that side, and pinned it in place with a bolt where they interlock in the middle
qya8if.jpg

dxcjyp.jpg

/\/\/\ yeah, thats my diamond treadplate in the backround, for a-arm gaurds and airscoops

installed freeks case saver which has been layin around for a year, did my sons as soon as i got it, but slacked on mine before, also got the banshee length red 0-ring chain cut and on, and decided under the airbox was the best fit for my rear shock rezzie, it's held on by 2 stainless steel ty-rap like bands used for cv boots thru 4 small holes in the bottom of the cfm box with rubber cushions
6tibmx.jpg

then got all my plastics cleaned a little better and on with the new seat, these huge ass nerfs and heelgaurds make it look like the rear isnt 2 inches longer with the +2 T-ROCK swinger, but i'm sure i'll notice it when i ride, maybe the front tires will get some wear this year
29wagyc.jpg

2mqs1kw.jpg

only a few small things left to do before a serious ass whoopin will be administered to it for all this aggravation...............
g-force axle spacers for the brake hub will be here on monday, the pics above are with the stock axle,
new brake hub boot/seals/clips are waitin for pickup at cernics suzuki, new braided red covered rear brake line is at moms today, goin down to make hspecers gsxr brakes tomorrow, and will do a new caliper bracket for mine while i'm there, my signature gold caliper is gone, goin with a 06 black one this time to match my colors better
and the nerf nets still need cut and fitted to the shortened nerfs, i lost 2 sideways strap mounts when i shortened them

wont be but another day or so....who wants to head up the mountain soon ????
(hint, hint, slickerthanyou)

Last edited:
thanx for all the support bro's

ps..... i know these elkas came thru dually originally from freek, < as he stated above "they look familiar", but i'd be willing to bet that these were, at one time, on batts bike ?????
hence the lime green paint overspray i found on one of the adjuster knobs
hahahaaaaa

i was hopin you chimed in on my detective skills, hahahaaa
and yeah, i bought them nerfs while my leg was all busted up 2 years ago, thinkin..."no more legs under the axle for me" !!!!!!!!!!!!

i was hopin you chimed in on my detective skills, hahahaaa
and yeah, i bought them nerfs while my leg was all busted up 2 years ago, thinkin..."no more legs under the axle for me" !!!!!!!!!!!!

i think u could fall off the seat and never hit the ground with those things lol...i just cant get into nerfs, i was pushing it when i put the heel guards on lol...but i guess like in ur case with the foot..u can never be to safe....thats was pretty brutal for sure

i bought that seat just like that on ebay.... $50
then searched for the label on the back ( i forget the letters SL.. sumthin racing, i think),
seems that company is out of business, so may be one of a kind ??????

i think u could fall off the seat and never hit the ground with those things lol...i just cant get into nerfs, i was pushing it when i put the heel guards on lol...but i guess like in ur case with the foot..u can never be to safe....thats was pretty brutal for sure

hopefully at this years ride i get drunk enuf to try that "fallin off" hahahaa

and yeah, don't know if i'm gonna like the nerfs either, sure am gonna miss my "fred flinstone reverse" wont be able to put my feet down anymore ????
we shall see

hopefully at this years ride i get drunk enuf to try that "fallin off" hahahaa

and yeah, don't know if i'm gonna like the nerfs either, sure am gonna miss my "fred flinstone reverse" wont be able to put my feet down anymore ????
we shall see

lmao..thats probably my biggest reason for not having them...i gotta be able to put my feet down to roll myself backwards when need be lol

i bought that seat just like that on ebay.... $50
then searched for the label on the back ( i forget the letters SL.. sumthin racing, i think),
seems that company is out of business, so may be one of a kind ??????

Looks good. I bought a new gripper cover for mine and having a hell of a time getting it stretched tight enough. May have to pay to have it done.

i'd check prices at an upholstery shop before the dealers

almost done, after 2 good weeks of pullin my hair out, but in reality i got alot done in just 2 weeks time, complete teardown, 06 frame... mounts welded on to fit my 02 parts, stripped and painted,
new.... gsxr brakes, swinger, axle, carrier, a-arms, all 3 shocks, nerfs all needing fitted and tweaked, and also the a-arm troubles needing new mounts welded on, and swicthing shocks with dualstroke

got a sh*t load done today...............

got the elkas on and the rezzies mounted the only place the way the line is turned would allow, rubber hose as a cushion between the frame and just ty-rapped for now
i may grab a proper dual mount in the future ????
2d2i2e1.jpg

when i went to flip the rims back standard, aligned, tightened, cotter punned all the suspension nuts/bolts,
installed new front brake pads and noticed the brakes were sticking, upon further investigation saw that the braided cables were hittin the spindle, not allowing the brakes to release, then found the slides were really gummed up after 2 years on the bike, turned the lines, tore calipers apart and cleaned/ greased everything and re-bled, these puppies will do stoppies now !!
installed the pipe too, but it was riding too close for comfort to the nerfs, used my buddies porta-power to spread the front of the nerfs our further on that side, and pinned it in place with a bolt where they interlock in the middle
qya8if.jpg

dxcjyp.jpg

/\/\/\ yeah, thats my diamond treadplate in the backround, for a-arm gaurds and airscoops

installed freeks case saver which has been layin around for a year, did my sons as soon as i got it, but slacked on mine before, also got the banshee length red 0-ring chain cut and on, and decided under the airbox was the best fit for my rear shock rezzie, it's held on by 2 stainless steel ty-rap like bands used for cv boots thru 4 small holes in the bottom of the cfm box with rubber cushions
6tibmx.jpg

then got all my plastics cleaned a little better and on with the new seat, these huge ass nerfs and heelgaurds make it look like the rear isnt 2 inches longer with the +2 T-ROCK swinger, but i'm sure i'll notice it when i ride, maybe the front tires will get some wear this year
29wagyc.jpg

2mqs1kw.jpg

only a few small things left to do before a serious ass whoopin will be administered to it for all this aggravation...............
g-force axle spacers for the brake hub will be here on monday, the pics above are with the stock axle,
new brake hub boot/seals/clips are waitin for pickup at cernics suzuki, new braided red covered rear brake line is at moms today, goin down to make hspecers gsxr brakes tomorrow, and will do a new caliper bracket for mine while i'm there, my signature gold caliper is gone, goin with a 06 black one this time to match my colors better
and the nerf nets still need cut and fitted to the shortened nerfs, i lost 2 sideways strap mounts when i shortened them

wont be but another day or so....who wants to head up the mountain soon ????
(hint, hint, slickerthanyou)

AHHH ya! Now your talkin! I want to get out this weekend but the sh*tty weather is gonna hamper that, along with the old lady's car "Intrepid" decides to blow the heater core out!

Looking purdy bro!

I'm feeling the same way about going BBK. I don't want to spend all that money on an LA Sleeve kit and be screwed when it's time to rebuild. The Blaster is looking sweet. With all them nice upgrades, your going to make me work my @ss off trying to keep up with you.LolI:I

rims will go back standard, and the front nerf bar is about 8 inches in front of the pedal, plenty for my toes,
and @ smoker........... another of my "old school ideals" if i wanted a 250cc race hood bike........ i'd buy a 250r, plus the fact the bbk kits and pistons for them are gettin sketchy at beat for availabilty, i'll pass on all that hassle
best you may ever see from me is a 3mil stroker, ported to the max 200cc bike, plenty enuf for the tight trails around here

also...rockymountainatv fugged my axle spacers order, they sent the ones for the hub ends, after my extensive talk with whatever dimwit sent me these, but the girl today figured it out, and is sending the correct ones for free, they won't be here till monday though
worked on brakes kits all day, but will leak test the motor tomorrow, even though its been run a few months last year, can't be too safe, pull and clean carb, then airbox pipe and plastics

sunning itself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but still no g-force axle spacers, rmatv azzholes, so again this is with the stock axle, and rear rims flipped < yeah that works on shee/yfz rims
got the rear brake done, nerf nets in <(they suck) and put my old frame skidplate on, still has some life left and 39" peices of aluminum aren't easy to come by

118zhxg.jpg

sunning itself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but still no g-force axle spacers, rmatv azzholes, so again this is with the stock axle, and rear rims flipped < yeah that works on shee/yfz rims
got the rear brake done, nerf nets in <(they suck) and put my old frame skidplate on, still has some life left and 39" peices of aluminum aren't easy to come by

118zhxg.jpg

I really like that seat on there!