Raptor or stay with Blaster?

ive been going to the trackk with it a bit and finally have it set up to where i can compete against 450s, just get worn out after about 3 laps i think i just need more track time.

It was once said that the secret part to get faster on any motorized vehicle is a 55 gallon barrel of gas.
Burn it and you will be faster.

Steve

I need new bearings and crank for my blaster/ I have a 28 mm kiehn carb/ fmf pipe front to back/ other than that the engine is factory with oil injection delete kit. was thinkin of +3 stoker crank but do i need it ported to really get much gain out of it?

Stay blaster. Hard to beat the power to weight ratio and they can be woken up with a few bucks. My friend has a rappy 250 and we trail ride together. We are both 6'5 and 160lbs. He has his piped, lengthened, and suspension upgrades. He has some engine parts from trinity too but i forget exactly what. My blaster walks over him easily. Same story when we switch quads. We have not raced mx together on those 2 quads, thats what the 450s are for :)

A lot of people around here bought Raptors 250 and got rid their Blasters. Now a few years later they have spent a lot of money on them and they are still slower than a Blaster. A lot of people are going back to Blasters so they are scarce and expensive around here. It took me 2 yrs to find a decent one .

If I am not mistaken wouldn't a +3 Stroker crank increase the displacement of the Blaster engine? If so does it put it above 201cc. If so be careful to look at your local race rules as 2 strokes are typically capped at 201cc.

I own both, my raptor 250 is piped jetted ad airbox removed. My blaster is bored .020 has F7, vforce3, kn with no aribox lid and jetted. I dont know where all you people are getting this idea that raptor 250 is "way slower". My raptor yes is slower, but not by very little.

The main reason the raptors are also beating you is the handling, the chassis on that quad is years ahead of the blaser, much better chassis. To be honest, on a track, my blaster has +2 a-arms with stage 1 elka and 400ex rear shock, my raptor is stock suspension, and I honestly think I could keep up or even be faster on the raptor. The main problem your son is having is not with HP output, its that the raptors are easier to go faster in which means that if you are already an experienced racer, you will go really fast.

If you have the money, you have the 4stroke knowledge to work on it, go get your son a raptor 250, get some work done and have fun.

But, my Blaster is 100x more fun to ride, raptor because its so easy to ride and because it has no top end, i get bored easy. I like high revving engines :)

I own both, my raptor 250 is piped jetted ad airbox removed. My blaster is bored .020 has F7, vforce3, kn with no aribox lid and jetted. I dont know where all you people are getting this idea that raptor 250 is "way slower". My raptor yes is slower, but not by very little.

The main reason the raptors are also beating you is the handling, the chassis on that quad is years ahead of the blaser, much better chassis. To be honest, on a track, my blaster has +2 a-arms with stage 1 elka and 400ex rear shock, my raptor is stock suspension, and I honestly think I could keep up or even be faster on the raptor. The main problem your son is having is not with HP output, its that the raptors are easier to go faster in which means that if you are already an experienced racer, you will go really fast.

If you have the money, you have the 4stroke knowledge to work on it, go get your son a raptor 250, get some work done and have fun.
The long travel suspension on the Raptors and ES are a lot better, 8"+ travel VS 5 " . My Blaster has good upgraded suspension but not as good as even my new stock 400x . I upgraded on the front of the 400x to the 450 r shocks and now it handles even better. The blaster on a moist track can keep up and even pass the 400x . But when the track dries out the superior traction of the 400 pulls away in the turns.After 8 laps the Honda has pulled away because it is far easier to ride longer.