Cylinder Porting DIY

Very interesting video's Ken. You look like you've done this a time or 2!B)

I'll say this: The prices charged by any of the reputable builders ( on this site and in general) seem VERY reasonable when you factor in the time and tools needed to do this. Thanks a bunch. Very nice video quality too!I:I

Freak,
I'm still on the outside looking in on triple exhaust ports. I can do them but why? I do tons of motocross engines and they all have power valves. Think about how they work. When the engine is @ low RPM's, the top flap of the power valve is closed and the auxiliary exhaust ports are closed. As engine RPM increases, the flapper opens and the auxiliary ports open shortly after. This set up gives you the best of both worlds. Take the same motocross bike and remove the power valve. What you have is a ton of power at high revs but you're missing a bunch the power on the bottom. What we really need is a power valve set up for the blaster. Tarmo ( the dude that works for me ) and I are getting ready to chop the skirts off of a cylinder and see if this can be done. It's kind of half baked but we're thinking we can use the water pump mount to install a mechanism to drive a power valve. If that doesn't work ( I keep telling him it won't but he won't listen ) we can use a servo off of the coil ( my idea ). This is how all modern motocross bikes work. No doubt that triple exhaust ports work...........but where and what are you giving up?

Doc, You're going to spend twice what it will cost you to just send it out. These vids are here to motivate the future builders. Simple as that. I have so many kids I've forgotten most of their names and none of them are interested in learning how to do this. So I'm sending it off to the YOUTH GONE WILD!

awesome diy. i am going to put this in my favorites. i got all those bits lying around but my dremel only has one speed and thats fast as hell. but i might try that when i get my head back from getting bored

Damn work won't let me view it! Can't wait to get Home, Hey Ken- do you ever take a break? Damn- seems like your always working your but off! I'll be in touch!-Bob

I do not know what it takes to make a sticky here but this needs to be one,maybe with the "diy" or it's own.

I to and i hope my son loves it as much as i do,i have been on wheelers scene i have been 4 years old,thanks again for teaching us.

I just found this the other day. I asked them for a free copy to evaluate but they never responded back to me. It's only $23. Looks like it's well worth it. I'll let you know how I like it after I get done playing with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
heres some pics of the cylinder that batt ported, some of it was done using kens vids and some was eyeballed off our flotek cylinders.....we added boyeson ports to this one tho, just waiting on the piston kit, and well see how she runs

oh yea, this thread is getting stickied.....thanx again ken
port.jpg

port3.jpg

heres the head that was milled down on a orbital sander
port4.jpg

ported2.jpg

this cylinder still needs lotsa work before its finished, ill get more pics when its done

chiming in late on this, but i once did a search for aftermarket powervalves, and saw ones that ran off the throttle cable ?????

Around how much more power will this give you?What size carb is good with this mod?I think your one hell of a cool guy for showing us this.

What does the ass dyno say Ken?

the range is as follows:

turd---yawn---lame---hmmm---not bad---pretty good---woohoo---holy crap---my bike is no longer under me...---ludicrous speed!

I'm waiting on the piston from westward before I can try my newly ported cylinder :) The ass dyno "numbers" will follow.