Wiseco Pistons

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
I don't think there's much to argue about here. Most people who replace a piston in a Blaster engine install a new Wiseco piston in place of the stocker or whatever was in there before. I had my engine bored .25mm oversize when I had KOR do my port and head work last year, and Im now running a Wiseco piston in my engine. Why? Main reason for me was peace of mind. Wiseco pistons are forged and won't shatter as the cylinder wears and tolerances increase. Also, Wiseco pistons are of good quality and will last for years as long as you don't overheat your engine and score it. Also, you can buy new rings for a Wiseco piston separately and replace just the rings as needed (provided your cylinder bore is still within spec), without having to buy a whole new piston kit.

Bottom line? Any brand of piston will run fine in your engine as long as it is set up properly and the piston-to-bore clearance is correct, (my stock piston lasted 5 years and was still fine when I took it out), but cast pistons have a greater chance of developing stress cracks and will often break at the skirt as the bore wears or detonation occurs. Im not going to risk breaking a perfectly good set of engine cases by cheaping out on a cast piston, only to have it break later. If Im saving money on a build, Ill do it on cosmetics, not important engine parts.

I just installed a 67mm wiesco pro lite piston ftw! My cast piston lasted all the way till this year prolly would have went farther if I would have left it stock..

Amen! They're a good name and a good product. I'm at 68 mm, the last bore on this cylinder. I wanted it to last for a while before I gotta replace the jug. That's why I used a wiseco. There's cheaper pistons out there but that's what they are, cheap.

been running a wiseco for over a year and no issues yet. it's got about 60 hrs run time on it too. i expect it to last a long while.

I'm glad this post was made. I've never used anything but Wiseco in bikes but to be honest, all I had ever heard of was OEM, Pro-X and Wiseco. OEM is high and doesn't offer any performance upgrade, Pro-X is cast and Wiseco was the performance standard. Now I'm looking at Blaster pistons and see several different new brands (new to me) and I had been thinking of saving a little money giving one of the others a try. I'll stick with what I've always used.

first wiseco piston ran forever and numerous races i think 20 over

2nd piston was somethin else and lasted a week, new motor went right back to wiseco

they seem to have a sound to them too? like a slight pingy sound

first wiseco piston ran forever and numerous races i think 20 over

2nd piston was somethin else and lasted a week, new motor went right back to wiseco

they seem to have a sound to them too? like a slight pingy sound

"Slight pingy sound"... = excessive cylinder to piston clearance they need,because they expand alot.

Good piston! But....I prefer cast pistons. They have alot of advantages too.

If ever you hear a slight pingy sound and it does not go away after it has warmed up some, do a leak down test and if that is ok, do a plug chop.

I have heard nothing but positive feed back on Wiseco products. I am currently running a .020 over Wiseco prolite piston in my blaster with roughly 40 hours of ride time. When I first did my rebuild it took a while getting my jetting just right and I even had an air leak for the first 10 hours ( yes I am a retard for not performing a leakdown test immediately after the rebuild ) on the new piston. I truly believe I would have been replacing my piston again already because of the lean condition caused by my 10 hours of riding with an air leak if i wasnt running a wiseco piston ! As said before, don't try to save $20 by getting a cheaper piston cause you'll just be costing yourself time and even more money in the end. Wiseco is the truth ! ! !