welding projects for high school

lookin good for some first welds !

what is that welded with ?

Looking good gizzy! Have you ever tried "washing over" to smooth out the weld if it looks too high in spots. Some instructors discourage it because it doesn't teach you how to get it the first time. But I tend to do that from time to time.

Do you prep the area to be welded with a brass or stainless brush prior to welding?

Last edited:
thanks guys this is my third day doing aluminum TIG due to a field trip and more wimpy people days (no school days)

Looking good gizzy! Have you ever tried "washing over" to smooth out the weld if it looks too high in spots. Some instructors discourage it because it doesn't teach you how to get it the first time. But I tend to do that from time to time.

Do you prep the area to be welded with a brass or stainless brush prior to welding?

i washed over some other ones that i didnt picture here, and no i didnt brush them i know i should but i just went to town on it

i dont remember exactly which welder it is, but its a Lincoln precision TIG

thanks guys this is my third day doing aluminum TIG due to a field trip and more wimpy people days (no school days)

Looks good for your 3rd day. It seems like you like doing it, just learn as much as you can, and ask questions. That will help you be prepared for the Welding school.

damn giz, thats a nice bead !

yeah thanks, now i just need to get them all to look like that

talked to my grandpa today that welded for 38 years, told me im using the wrong type of tungsten so going to switch that out and hopefully that will help to

it is a "lincoln electric precision TIG 185"

i got the majority on my ramp done but friday we only had 4 people in class so i didnt have time for pictures as clean up was a chore for the 4 of us to do so no time for pics.

Got this beauty today and did 3 others just like it :D

Should hopefully have bike stand completely done tomorrow and ramp done by friday, and start my moms table next week

And when all 3 are done Ive been asked to build a trailer for another teacher