welding projects for high school

gizzy2014

Rippin' Hard
Jul 22, 2012
dickinson ND
hey guys in welding class today we ordered all our metal for our projects.

my total cam to $130.40, 75.47 of that is for a table my mom wants, the remainder is for me and is all aluminum, anyone care to take a guess at what i'm building for myself??

Hint: 2 separate projects for my self out of aluminum

project details and pictures will be updated as it happens and after our metal is dropped off at school.

nice deal you getting another quad?

no.... well probably someday or a bigger bike.... im selling because my family is moving to ND but im staying where we are for another to go to college for welding, so ill be in a apartment, leaving my dirt bike at a friends house

so i don't see any point in letting the quad sit at my parents house in town in ND for that year and after that i wont have much time to ride it anyway with work, so i choose to keep the bike because it takes up less space and the 3 friends i ride with all have bikes

metal is in the shop (was awhile ago i guess)..... but i got all my pieces cut out for my ramp and bike stand, started running some beads on practice pieces, id say not bad for first try,

ill try to remember to get some pictures for you guys thursday, as im gone all day from school tomorrow.

what are u looking for??

i may have some free time at the end after completing my 3 projects, but im making a dirt bike skid plate first

I am in the oilfield[pumper]and I am just waiting for the opportunity to be a small engine mechanic again.My greatest joy [other than God and my family]is to get something that doesn't work and make it work again

i will be
If you don't mind me asking, where will you be going to school for welding? Any idea what you want to do after your finished with school?

I'm going on 16 years as a pipe welder, I would never consider doing anything else.....welder for life!

i will be going to "St.Cloud Technical and community college" in st.cloud Minnesota

today i went on a field trip to Alexandria Minnesota where we toured "Douglas machine" which is a multi billion dollar company builds machines for coca-cola and other huge companies that package goods. they make the machines that load boxes or shrink wrap the goods

and then after that we toured the trades of alexandria technical college, which i toured 2 years ago, but was cool to be in the welding shop again.