Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from vacation, found a few parts on my door step. Got a fender bracket (it was needed, mine broke) from NEONNIGHT, +1 review and some rep coming your way. I also got a can of aircraft paint stripper which I just used on the frame and this sh*t is potent! My frame is naked! Last but not least I got a little gas cap tube with the billet cap on it so no more tube going down the handlebars. Pics coming in a little.

Paint stripper sucked ass. 2 cans of it and the frame looks like sh*t. I guess I'll have to pay to get it blasted before powdercoating. Problem is the shops nearby are charging 500-600 to dip it in a chemical bath and sand blast it, followed by powdercoating. We'll see what happens next.

Next on the list, paint the cylinder and head gloss black, then torque the head on and then some Boyesen Reeds :D.

Paint stripper sucked ass. 2 cans of it and the frame looks like sh*t. I guess I'll have to pay to get it blasted before powdercoating. Problem is the shops nearby are charging 500-600 to dip it in a chemical bath and sand blast it, followed by powdercoating. We'll see what happens next.

Next on the list, paint the cylinder and head gloss black, then torque the head on and then some Boyesen Reeds :D.

Paint stripper is some nasty stuff. But getting it blasted will be way worth your time. And your shops seem pretty crazy. My friends full size race car frame was stripped and powdercoated for maybe 800 bucks tops so id look into it further

Just scored a set of front ITP YFZ450 Rims for $40 Shipped!
itpfronts.jpg

good deal the i use air craft paint stripper works really well for me. When i had my frame painted i didnt remove it just sanded really well.

Ok so after some negotiation with a shop, we've managed to agree for $350 for powdercoating, with the chemical bath and sand blasting. Planning on dropping the frame off soon.

Well, we've found another shop about an hour away that has better reviews and will sandblast, chemical bathe, and powdercoat it for $300! Heres how the emails went:

(Me): I'm interested in getting my ATV frame powdercoated and would like to know the price range for ATV frames. The frame is off of a 2003 Yamaha Blaster 200, so it is an average size.

(Tom from the TNT Shop): aorund 300 for the frame

(Me): Does that include stripping the frame of all of the factory paint?

(Tom): yes

Woooohooo! Looks like were going to drop the frame off sometime either this weekend or next week!

so where are you at witht he motor? are you getting it bored? I would suggest you do. you were overheating and causing 4point seisure on that piston. if there are no deep scores order a 66.25 piston and when you get it have it bored to that piston. make sure they champfer the ports. new gaskets and that will fix your top end. you really want to add more power to that thing with a new head but you are gonna run on a used bore. why not know it's perfect.

so where are you at witht he motor? are you getting it bored? I would suggest you do. you were overheating and causing 4point seisure on that piston. if there are no deep scores order a 66.25 piston and when you get it have it bored to that piston. make sure they champfer the ports. new gaskets and that will fix your top end. you really want to add more power to that thing with a new head but you are gonna run on a used bore. why not know it's perfect.

Its out of my budget. I've been saving for sicivicdude's a-arms. I guess if its needed, I'll get it done. The problem is that I've NEVER done this before and I really dont want to screw it up.

I got an idea. you ask civic if he would suggest getting his a arms first or if he thinks you should redo that top end first. let that decide

lol civic will lead you to get a reliable bike man. i know exactly how you feel on the topend but i couldnt find the pics what page is it on? and if it needs it you will be biting yourself when it blow or looses compression when you get it together and wanna ride.

My opinion is the hell with the a arms and powder. Get that motor right first. Just get that frame painted well and save the 300 bux. You dont need wide a arms to go fast and stop fast. If you said you was buying better shocks i would agree but Powder Coat and A arms is really not needed yet. Get that motor ported and make that biotch handle and forget about being pretty untill you have the extra money.

yah i would mod the motor then make it look fancy.that whats i did. didnt put any body mods till i did motor mods. which is pipe and 14,40 gearing and oilinjection block off and more to come. good luck on this rebuild

The ITP YFZ front rims came in. I also will be sending Ken the cylinder in 2 days. Then going to Aruba for a week on Friday so wont be much going on with the build then LOL. Next on the list: Drop the frame off at the PC shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.