Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, Powder is so much better than paint for frames.

Yea I was also uncomfortable with just painting it. My dad assigned me a project around the house and he said once I get it done he'll drive me to the powdercoating place. There only charging $160 to get the whole thing PC'd too

Just won this Suzuki LTR450 rear shock for $13 shipped! Woohoooo!
SuzukiLTZ450Shock.jpg

Last edited:
With the look on 1 of your pics the 2 lines look like the ends of the rings( inlet side) mine was similar when I rebuilt. As long as they aren't deep scores I wouldn't worry about it. A good hone should clear them if not deep

With the look on 1 of your pics the 2 lines look like the ends of the rings( inlet side) mine was similar when I rebuilt. As long as they aren't deep scores I wouldn't worry about it. A good hone should clear them if not deep

Yea I thought about getting it honed but do I really need to? Because I'd rather not spend the money if I dont have to.

Very good build! Personally i would definetly get the cylinder honed, even tough you cant feel the vertical lines on the cylinder, they are there and will cause your rings not to set properly. You can get the cylinder honed for $20 easy! With my expierences building these motors and other higher output motors a hone goes a long way setting the rings! Cheap insurance

Very good build! Personally i would definetly get the cylinder honed, even tough you cant feel the vertical lines on the cylinder, they are there and will cause your rings not to set properly. You can get the cylinder honed for $20 easy! With my expierences building these motors and other higher output motors a hone goes a long way setting the rings! Cheap insurance

Alright man thanks for the advice! I'll look into it. Maybe even get a new 66mm piston.

if your taking it to someone for a hone they can possibly measure it for you and tell you if you should go ahead and get the next size up or not. seems most cases get busted from the piston breaking thats caused by excessive pw clearance.

if your taking it to someone for a hone they can possibly measure it for you and tell you if you should go ahead and get the next size up or not. seems most cases get busted from the piston breaking thats caused by excessive pw clearance.

Hmmmmm maybe I'll do that too. Just got to find a place nearby that'll do it. Thanks for the advice man!

Few goodies came in today. Got the Suzuki LTR450 Rear Shock, Scored it for $13 shipped
Man this sucker is big! Around 16" eye to eye, hope it fits! The preload is all the way loose, gunna have to see what adjustment works for me. I also ordered the 400ex shock bushings and bolt from KOR. Should be here soon
DSC02327.jpg

The other stuff I got is just the free manufacturers decals. Theyre coming in daily, these are what I have so far:
DSC02329.jpg

As for getting the frame powdercoated, Im dropping it off at the powdercoaters next week since Im leaving for vacation tomorrow through sunday.

You realy think that shock is gonna work? Stock is like 14 eye to eye. You may have to take the spring out and take a coil or so off to shorten it up

Status
Not open for further replies.