Still better than 89's

Sorry Derp. Hope you don't mind me replying in your VIP thread.... But here you go WifesBlaster. Straight from the thread you linked!

May I ask why you want to run 65-70 mph on the blaster? Holding a blaster wide open for any period of time is not a good thing.

Two stroke

Gets hot (air cooled)

Blows up

You cant hold wide throttle for very long... I only ever go half throttle (in sixth), unless im racing.

Blowing up is blowing up... goes BOOM! and you pay a ton of money to fix it

I can not believe I'm saying this, but for the first time I must disagree with you ... I have been told by a few different guys ( one machinist that works on recreational vehicles, and a guy that works at a atv/mc parts and service shop ) that riding at wot for more than 6 - 10 seconds in top gear without letting off the throttle can starve the upper part of the crank case of oil, thus preventing adequate lubrication. I forget exactly how they explained it but it made perfect sense and I very much trust their knowledge and judgement. Whatever the case may be I do not like taking risks when it comes to wasting money unnecessarily ! I'm not trying to shoot you down as we all now you have vast
knowledge and experience and I have never disagreed with you before, but that is what I was taught and believe so I had to share my 2 cents.

That may very well be the reason for the oposing statements, they both knew that I was mixing 32-1 ( at the time ) which is substantially less oil in the mix than 20 or 25-1 ... Being that most of the people on our forum mix at 32-1 and some at 40-1, the suggestion of not running the motor at wot for extended amounts of time would absolutely apply to them.

Thats because people never truly jet correctly... I wont because mine isnt "perfect"

phragle did it, but he has an EGT that practically tells him which jet.

Send that shyt to wifes, i dont want it in my thread on a blowup, when that is from a completely different thread.

Well, unfortunatly for Herp we all learned someting about 2s and jetting, and why you need a load on the engine for plug chop/read.

Makes you wonder what jet it would have taken to satisfy the load requirements.

To me, red line is the mechanical limits of an engine, this was more a thermal limit. Notice if you will the heat discoloration on the piston pin. Which will need to be replaced.

Sorry Derp. Hope you don't mind me replying in your VIP thread.... But here you go WifesBlaster. Straight from the thread you linked!

You must not have read the whole thread. Sorry I figured you could follow simple instructions. Either way I think you got the point. The proof is in that thread. He has no reason to lie. I will not argue with you anymore.

The best way to make York STFU is to prove him a 100% wrong. Take your Blaster out and pin it WOT for 3 miles and show him it still runs.

yea I want video proof of someone holding it wot for atleast 3 miles then I will believe that It can be done

I will gladly do that for you. I have a go pro and I have an exhaust gas temp guage. I will jet it so the EGT is 1,100 degrees, then I'll try to find a 3 mile stretch. So when they are racing the baja 24 hour race and hit a 5 mile section, you think they are going to let off the gas or pull over to let it cool down? I doubt it!

I will gladly do that for you. I have a go pro and I have an exhaust gas temp guage. I will jet it so the EGT is 1,100 degrees, then I'll try to find a 3 mile stretch. So when they are racing the baja 24 hour race and hit a 5 mile section, you think they are going to let off the gas or pull over to let it cool down? I doubt it!

I doubt it also but im just curious if it can be done without blowing up. would be a cool sticky if you can do it

I doubt it also but im just curious if it can be done without blowing up. would be a cool sticky if you can do it

I agree. The only 2 issues I see is finding a stretch to do it, and actually proving that it is 3 miles. Doing 60 mph = 1 mile per minute. So it would take 3 minutes.

Wow if you don't think a two stroke can run wot for 3 miles your motor is trash my rd350 has run 30+ miles at wot.

all this bickering is giving my girl PMS.

dom003.jpg