Still better than 89's

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
Well, i dont feel like explaining, lets just stay with "i had to pull giz". (im serious, dont ask)

Almost got back, sputtered and died, engine seized, lets leave it at that...

No air leaks! Thats staying put too.

Needs boring, maybe even 2 over....

I guess now i get my porting work, maybe.

idk what im gonna do... gonna try to see if i can work with my friend for a few days, maybe until school starts, he makes upwards of $100 a day, or more...

Im glad it wasnt the piston skirt coming off... but im still not happy....

Basically the piston welded to the cylinder, rings are melted too

Also the skirt was cracked, glad it didnt drop! (one good thing)

Anyone want to buy it? $2500 before i rebuild. $3200 after lol

Well, i dont feel like explaining, lets just stay with "i had to pull giz". (im serious, dont ask)

Almost got back, sputtered and died, engine seized, lets leave it at that...

No air leaks! Thats staying put too.

Needs boring, maybe even 2 over....

I guess now i get my porting work, maybe.

idk what im gonna do... gonna try to see if i can work with my friend for a few days, maybe until school starts, he makes upwards of $100 a day, or more...

Im glad it wasnt the piston skirt coming off... but im still not happy....

Basically the piston welded to the cylinder, rings are melted too

Also the skirt was cracked, glad it didnt drop! (one good thing)

Anyone want to buy it? $2500 before i rebuild. $3200 after lol

Haha. Please tell me your joking!!!

We are guessing it will need to be bored 2 over. Any thoughts on these pistons? I just found some quick, it you have better ones, links please I:I

Wiseco Pro Lite Piston Kit 66 5mm Fits 88 06 Yamaha YFS200 Blaster | eBay
Wiseco Piston Kit Yamaha YFS200 Blaster 88 06 66 5mm | eBay

I will be buying the piston and THEN sending it to Ken so he can get the perfect size. Also will have him clean up casting flaws, possibly port. Head mod also, since some of the piston got on that also

Is it standard for him to sandblast them all? Or do i have to request that?

Last edited by a moderator:
We are guessing it will need to be bored 2 over. Any thoughts on these pistons? I just found some quick, it you have better ones, links please I:I

Wiseco Pro Lite Piston Kit 66 5mm Fits 88 06 Yamaha YFS200 Blaster | eBay
Wiseco Piston Kit Yamaha YFS200 Blaster 88 06 66 5mm | eBay

I will be buying the piston and THEN sending it to Ken so he can get the perfect size. Also will have him clean up casting flaws, possibly port. Head mod also, since some of the piston got on that also

Is it standard for him to sandblast them all? Or do i have to request that?

Call Ken before you order a piston. I would send the cylinder to him and have him get the piston. You don't want to bore more than you have to. Get it ported while your at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I want to just send it to ken, but he charges 125 for a piston, when i can get it for about 80 on egay... And yes i will have it ported if i can, bank is gonna be very low/empty after this. Hope i can get working with my friend....

Do you run timing advance Herp?

With the amount of crap that could have bypassed the piston, I would be doing a good inspection of the bottom end for debris.

Stock timing, nothing in the bottom end.

I covered the hole before we pulled the piston out of the cylinder, and it was all on top of the piston since it welded to the cylinder. Its not chunks or even dust, its just tiny bits of melted metal to the side and plug and exhaust port.

Riding roads? Wide open for an extended period of time without allowing it to cool down or lug it? That's what my guess is. My piston did the EXACT same thing when I rode it to the track one day and didn't know about the engines. Toasted it and welded to the cylinder, seized shortly after. I know you said "don't ask" but I am just too much of a rebel. :) lol

Riding roads? Wide open for an extended period of time without allowing it to cool down or lug it? That's what my guess is. My piston did the EXACT same thing when I rode it to the track one day and didn't know about the engines. Toasted it and welded to the cylinder, seized shortly after. I know you said "don't ask" but I am just too much of a rebel. :) lol

If it's jetted right there is no reason to let it cool down.

If you ride an air cooled two stroke wide open for an extended period of time with a load on it, the results are obvious. That is what I mean.

yes there is. holding anything full throttle at redline is going to create a lot of heat and roast the engine. would you hold a manual car at redline for miles and miles, no it would kill the engine.

A car is a 4 stroke (POS in my opinion.) Do you feather the throttle on a weed eater or chainsaw?

A car is a 4 stroke (POS in my opinion.) Do you feather the throttle on a weed eater or chainsaw?

weed eater has a rev limiter I believe, mine does anyways. and a chain saw no I don't. holdint anything at max rpm's is never a good idea though. yea sure you can do it for awhile but 3 miles wide open would kill engine in a heartbeat , load or no load

If a car engine is junk because it's a 4 stroke why don't you see these two stroke cars? And if you hold a chain saw wide open all day you're just stupid.... It's common sense. More RPM's is more movement. More movement is more friction. More friction is more heat. More heat causes lubricating oil to break down and lose it's ability to properly lubricate the parts generating the heat which causes more friction. Even more friction causes even more heat. Then guess what happens? BANG. It's common sense. So start thinking instead of just trying to disagree with me with everything to sound brilliant. You're doing a horrible job of it...