*Pit Bike*

2kuik4u

Nov 23, 2008
Hey guys i have been looking around and just cant decide on what pit bike to buy. I have about 500-700 to spend anything less than that would be awesome. But i was wondering if anybody has any clue where to get a good deal on one of those? Just post up some websites if you can.
Thanks.

If i were to build my own would i be better of going with a name brand or just a chinese one?

I have found a few around me on cl. But not sure if it is worth shipping them not knowing how much it costs. And are the chinese ones very reliable?

no the china ones suck. its not so much the frame and the large items, but the small items. wiring and so on.

when i built mine i got a china frame, swinger and forks, but i did the wiring myself and got name brand componets. like all my contols and cables are nice ones from parts unlimited. i have a nice CHM pipe and an OEM honda rear wheel. its ok to get cheap plastics, but they may or may not fit. mine fit.

there are other options too. look into a Pitster Pro. Made in china, but designed in the us. the come hooked up from the factory.

Pretty much anything fits into a CRF 50 frame. Thats why they call them honda clones. You can bolt most things up to them really easy. Then engine mounts are universal along with the swing arm points and most parts like brakes and sh*t. Even alot of the the engine parts interchange...

ya get a Honda clone. There are some (very few) that are not. you will never find parts for these.

Myself and fabb_3 both have 125cc lifan motors.

ill sell you a used 110 that need rings, and a shift star.

sell you the motor for $75 plus shipping. PM for details.... it will come with a wiring harness, shift lever, kickstarter, carb, and clutch cable....I may be able to include the CID, coil and a voltage regulator but, those items are pending local sale.

why don't you guys put reall motors in these things? Instead of using lifans, I'd be using anything but a chink motor! I'd rig up my blasty engine for christ sake!

why don't you guys put reall motors in these things? Instead of using lifans, I'd be using anything but a chink motor! I'd rig up my blasty engine for christ sake!

and I think its funny that you say you would put anything other than a "chink" motor in it but yet you ride a yamaha. Besides being racist its a retarded comment.

"chink" refers to anybody that is of asian decent...you must not know many but I do and they ALL get offended if you were to call them that. its okay your like what 16? you will grow up and learn. Also you cant put a YZ80 motor or a blaster motor or even a 125 motor because those are built with the head on top of the bottom end not in front of it like you need for a pit bike.