Hello/New Double Blaster owner

tibblits

May 26, 2024
Hello everyone. Name's Stephen, I'm new to Blasters and 2 strokes in general. Traded my 2023 GPX MXR125cc pit bike and a .223 upper for these two blasters 😎 The green one was running good (so I thought) and the white one came with everything to get running I believe (the engine is out of it) but needs a bottom end rebuild, so I was told. I took the green one out shed hunting yesterday and when I was coming back in it started losing power quite noticeably and eventually died by the truck and I have not been able to start it since. It's getting spark and I checked the compression but it only put up about 35-40psi 😔 I'm guessing I fried the piston rings? I was 6th gear wide open for a bit right before this so maybe that has something to do with it but I would think you should be able to run these things however you want to without f*cking them up. I will say even tho it sounded like it ran really good it definitely didn't idle and there's no ignition hooked up with this one so it was just kick start and go lol and then it would die when you come to a stop. But it had tons of power and was an absolute blast so I'd like to get it running again but it sounds like from what I've been reading that maybe it wasn't tuned correctly because it should hold an idle. It never smoked or anything when it ran but I'd have to sit there and bump the throttle to keep it running if I was just sitting. Anyway I'm open to any and all suggestions you guys can give me as to why this happened because I don't want to rebuild it only for it to happen again. I don't know sh*t about 2 strokes but I'm semi mechanically inclined and don't have a budget for these things obviously I paid zero dollars for them lol but they are super sick so I'm willing to buy parts for them but not much else. Thanks y'all 🙏🏻

Attachments

• IMG_20240523_092029864.jpg
    IMG_20240523_092029864.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240523_092014561.jpg
    IMG_20240523_092014561.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
Yeah, sounds like you have an air leak somewhere or a dirty carb that had you running lean. A property tuned and healthy 2-stroke should idle without a problem once up to temp.

When you dig into the topend, also fully disassemble and clean the carb. If it looks anything but clean and new inside, that will give you problems.

Reactions: tibblits
Yeah, sounds like you have an air leak somewhere or a dirty carb that had you running lean. A property tuned and healthy 2-stroke should idle without a problem once up to temp.

When you dig into the topend, also fully disassemble and clean the carb. If it looks anything but clean and new inside, that will give you problems.
Sweet yeah it'll be a couple weeks before I can tear into it but I'm looking forward to becoming an expert on these things and get that white one up and running someday 😎

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r