*Pit Bike*

Damn you guys need to chill out. I really wasnt looking to put that much into this bike that is why fabb_3 and d.jackson_12 said to put a lifan in. I understand what you mean by a more reliable motor but i will probably end up trashing this thing and it really wouldnt be worth the money.

I am chill. but you said that you wanted to build a pit bike for $500-700 right? If you want to build if for that you have to compromise on parts. Thats what I did. I didnt want to put $5k into my pit bike thats why i went with the lifan motor. You cant build a pit bike for cheep if you even get a CRF 50. By the time you get the front forks, big bar kit new rear shock and even an 88 kit for the CRF 50 engine you just spent more than 3K. Just know what your talking about before you talk about it...

Go read some reviews of the lifan motors and you will be suprised.

Well the deal is i can get a frame from a crf 50 for 80 bucks from my friend and i can get a lifan motor for 150 used. And the other stuff i dont think would cost much more than 500 bucks.

Yea, I ordered a bunch of sh*t like pegs, tall seat, skid plate, rear brake, chain, even plastics all cables from this place called pcc motorsports. They are an ebay seller. Only thing is that shipping is expensive but if you call first they will do a cheaper combine shipping price and it will save you a lot. Dave and I both built our bikes for under $700.00 and both of them are super clean.

this is mine so far.

+2" frame
+2 MX swingarm
125cc Lifan Motor
UNI Air Filter
CHM Pipe
Bar Risers, Yamaha Blaster Bars cut down
White Plastics, Tall seat.

I got all nice controls from Parts Unlimited and Fast 50's www.fast50s.com

DSC02133.jpg

Here is fabb_3's

125cc Lifan Motor
Uni Air Filter
Gutted Stock Muffler (loud)
Millville Tires
DSC02132.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my pit bike:

China frame/Swinger
Lifan 124cc engine Uni Air filter
Millville tires
Hydro front brakes
Tall seat
"tall bars" set up

IMG00026.jpg

the pic is missing the tall seat, lifan 124 engine and I have different numbers put on it now. Just to give you and idea of what you can build for less than $700

Hey what do you think of your seats on those things? I had a 110cc xr50 clone with the 14" wheels, but it had the same kinda seat. That seat was almost unbearable to ride on for any amount of time. I'd imagine a genuine xr50 seat is nice though, I could have had a REALLY cheap seat. I put a taller rear shock and fitted some 125cc upside down forks to it, had fun with it for 6 or 7 months and sold it to a friend. Guess I was spoiled with the soft seat on my pw80.

It's amazing what you can buy off ebay if your bike is an xr50 clone, you just gotta be very thoughtful on your purchases in regards to quality.

are talking about the seat that I have in the pic of the "tall" seat that d.jackson has in his pic. either way the tall seat makes a world of difference. it makes you sit 3 in higher on it. I have not really had a chance to get out and ride the bike with the tall seat but from what I have seen just putting around it helps alot. The sock style curved seat really kills because you end up sitting on the very back of it.

Yeah I've read before that the taller seats really help with the ride. I probably should have tried one, but wanted to sell it anyways. My buddy bought it from me and it's more fun to ride with a friend than have an extra bike in the garage.

I'd say swap out that other stock seat for a taller one asap. That stocker is just plain brutal.

yes^^^^^

Most of the china bikes are exact clones of the crf/xr 50's...so you can bolt up engines to them. If you didnt know any better I think most people would look at my bike and say its a CRF50 with a 124 bolt in.