Had some questions about carburetors and recommendations

Local_retard

Sep 25, 2023
Hi everyone I just picked up a 2000 Yamaha blaster and figured this would be the right place to ask for questions and advice , but the current carb on it is junk and needs replacing I've had my eye on a nibbi pwk28 and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them on blasters , was also looking for recommendations on carbs around 100$-180$ , on another note if I get a aftermarket carb would I still have to purchase a tors delete kit? or would it be fine without

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't recommend imitation (Chinese knock-offs) of Mikuni and Keihin carbs. I've been running Keihins for decades, from the stock PE34 on 250Rs, and now a PWK38 Airstryker on one 250R, and a PWK39 bored to 41.2mm by Eddie Sanders on the other. Genuine Keihin carbs never disappoint.

I recently got an old '95 Blaster up and running for my teenage daughter. I went with a Keihin PWK28 for it. Yeah, I paid around $200 for it but you get what you pay for.

Helpful hint: many Japanese and KTM 85-125cc bikes came stock with PWK 28 carbs on them. I found ours listed as a brand new OEM KX carb, I think KX100 if I recall.

As to the cable, I got a Motion Pro cable that was listed to work with the PWK28. Let me see if I can find it for you....

Ah, here it is. This is the cable you need https://www.motionpro.com/product/01-0874

Your later model Blaster is slightly more involved to disable TORS. Should be easily searchable on the web.