Pikledbeats Dream Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you got a good deal i like the pipe. One thing tho i still don get why you just dont do a lil welding on the pipe to make it fit? Hell a lil welder some pipe and a hack saw and you can make it fit. Id keep the shock if it rides nice unless the new one your getting is a upgrade??

Looks like you got a good deal i like the pipe. One thing tho i still don get why you just dont do a lil welding on the pipe to make it fit? Hell a lil welder some pipe and a hack saw and you can make it fit. Id keep the shock if it rides nice unless the new one your getting is a upgrade??

I've asked around and even just bending the pipe slightly to fit could cause backpressure problems with the pipe design ... I'm going to get it figured out though I:I

Well, pulled my head off today, gonna box it this week to go to ken. I got my dynoport mocked up which I will get pics of, but pulled off my swingarm and shock (the shock for sale). I loved this shock because of how much custom thought went into it to make it right for the blaster though I gotta let it go. I have been researching what other shocks will fit then looking for aftermarket alternatives ... havnt found quite what I want yet but I'm not downgrading that's for sure.

Regardless if anyone is interested in my YFZ it is for sale here:
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
If any one here is interested offer me through then PM here and we can skip the ebay fees ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, scored a new works ultracross rear shock with rezzy today, its for a 400ex so Ill have to use kens bushings, but check this ... I got it straight up for 150 bux ... no joke, I can post the auction. But anyway that'll take care of my rear shock problem and cant wait to get this sucker ...

Gotta love waking up to this on your front door step ... straight from being reworked by Works ...

219qhiq.jpg

Also I've been collecting pro-design intakes for a project I've been working on. Scored this one off ebay for 35 bux new in a no reserve auction. The kid said he couldn't get it to work with his VF3's and now I know why ... It's got a built in air diverter which my others don't have so no porting on this one, I've yet to decide what it's fate will be.

11kgwv6.jpg

been meaning to share this ... but anyway after breaking three .190 Aluminium Guards I was hella bent. The last one lasted just a few rides. I then started looking into getting either a .250 or just welding plates to a stock one. I understand some are worried about the weight etc. but I gave up on lightweight ones. So I found that PRM made a .250 and went ahead and ordered it, I got it in the mail only to find that it had been welded slightly off making the side kickout so it was impossible to fit. Long story short, they took it back on return and I decided not to have them send me another as they were bitches to deal with, figured it was time to go the stock route. So this mess took like a month ... them shipping it to me, me shipping it back etc. When I was searching for that shock in the pics above I came across a company called cobra who made makes an aluminium alloy swingarm skid .250 that was tough as all sh*t. Heavy yes but build quality top notch (way better than the PRM) and the real kicker is 39.99 new. check it here. Yamaha Blaster Swingarm Skidplate, New in Box, Special Holiday Sale, No Reserve | eBay
Its on the left, the .190 that I just broke the welds on is pictured on the right. The second pic shows the extra plates so it does not bend into the brake. If I break this one I give up because it is the toughest one I've ever seen. Just check the difference in thickness in pics, it's supposedly .250 but is almost twice as thick as the .190. It also protects the shock mount unlike any others I've seen
2882m3s.jpg

2n0mts.jpg

And unlike the AC Racing and the UM racing ones I've had, it has full welds across the bottom
n2d1lk.jpg

Gotta love waking up to this on your front door step ... straight from being reworked by Works ...

219qhiq.jpg

Also I've been collecting pro-design intakes for a project I've been working on. Scored this one off ebay for 35 bux new in a no reserve auction. The kid said he couldn't get it to work with his VF3's and now I know why ... It's got a built in air diverter which my others don't have so no porting on this one, I've yet to decide what it's fate will be.

11kgwv6.jpg

I've seen those blades used before in automotive but not in the quad world, I agree how the heck would that fit in a reed cage?

NICE SHOCK brutha!

been meaning to share this ... but anyway after breaking three .190 Aluminium Guards I was hella bent. The last one lasted just a few rides. I then started looking into getting either a .250 or just welding plates to a stock one. I understand some are worried about the weight etc. but I gave up on lightweight ones. So I found that PRM made a .250 and went ahead and ordered it, I got it in the mail only to find that it had been welded slightly off making the side kickout so it was impossible to fit. Long story short, they took it back on return and I decided not to have them send me another as they were bitches to deal with, figured it was time to go the stock route. So this mess took like a month ... them shipping it to me, me shipping it back etc. When I was searching for that shock in the pics above I came across a company called cobra who made makes an aluminium alloy swingarm skid .250 that was tough as all sh*t. Heavy yes but build quality top notch (way better than the PRM) and the real kicker is 39.99 new. check it here. Yamaha Blaster Swingarm Skidplate, New in Box, Special Holiday Sale, No Reserve | eBay
Its on the left, the .190 that I just broke the welds on is pictured on the right. The second pic shows the extra plates so it does not bend into the brake. If I break this one I give up because it is the toughest one I've ever seen. Just check the difference in thickness in pics, it's supposedly .250 but is almost twice as thick as the .190. It also protects the shock mount unlike any others I've seen
2882m3s.jpg

2n0mts.jpg

And unlike the AC Racing and the UM racing ones I've had, it has full welds across the bottom
n2d1lk.jpg
Looks Super tuff! Might have to try one of those up on the mountain, HMMMM bet the bolts break before that does!

@slick - yea, I posted the link to those skids, you should try one out you cant't even get a good used one for 40bux let alone one as burly as this new. It does weigh a bit but I think my riding area is about the same (as far as the damage it does to quads) as where you and AWK ride. It really is the thickest, most well built one I've seen. And as far as the intake blade, surprisingly it fits perfect into the stock reed cage. I will probably hook it up to compare it to the ported VF3 set-up and then the spaced setup with the stuffer I'm working on. I have read reviews of the powernow setups which some swear work well and is basically the same theory... who knows I'll be testing differences but have to wait right now as we have a foot and a half of snow currently, and yea stoked on the new shock, Gonna get that hooked up this weekend, I hate the blue spring but atleast have shock covers for now until I get the spring coated to match my quad.

@slick - yea, I posted the link to those skids, you should try one out you cant't even get a good used one for 40bux let alone one as burly as this new. It does weigh a bit but I think my riding area is about the same (as far as the damage it does to quads) as where you and AWK ride. It really is the thickest, most well built one I've seen. And as far as the intake blade, surprisingly it fits perfect into the stock reed cage. I will probably hook it up to compare it to the ported VF3 set-up and then the spaced setup with the stuffer I'm working on. I have read reviews of the powernow setups which some swear work well and is basically the same theory... who knows I'll be testing differences but have to wait right now as we have a foot and a half of snow currently, and yea stoked on the new shock, Gonna get that hooked up this weekend, I hate the blue spring but atleast have shock covers for now until I get the spring coated to match my quad.

I had a PRM one on my daughters Raptor that was .250 and it was tough as hell, but the mountain ate it up! However not from damage but the four 6mm bolts never had a chance! They broke and that mountain whore left me naked! I then made a stainless one .250 and she has held up two season now!! Oh I had to weld it on. 8-|

Had to design a new sig pic today ... what do you guys think? I'm still waiting on my BOTM avatar from Cbaber but thought I'd use some of my photoshop skills to whip together a new signature since so many have been doing custom ones lately.

Last edited:
Had to design a new sig pic today ... what do you guys think? I'm still waiting on my BOTM avatar from Cbaber but thought I'd use some of my photoshop skills to whip together a new signature since so many have been doing custom ones lately.

Looks great! Have you mounted that swinger skid yet?

Looks great! Have you mounted that swinger skid yet?

I mocked it up, I'll have to take a pic ... It's sick, your right that if it breaks it will be the bolts or at the mounting points the skid itself extends up above the shock mount almost to the frame so it covers the rails and the shock mounting point ... pretty burly. I'll get pics up soon

how ironic i just ordered that rear shock

Did you get one for 145 as well, it was an awesome deal, I had mine sent to works so they could rework it for me, but still awesome deal I think I paid 288 total new after everything, can't beat that for Works with remote rezzy.I:I

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.