Pikledbeats Dream Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect Choice! Mine took me over a year to do. Can't hurry perfection and lack of funds too!!!

I still think your blasty is the sexiest if it were a woman id.....

Same here. I'm glad it took me along time to do it. It makes my Blaster alot more special to me then it would if I had a big budget to do it all at one time. I did enjoy the hunt and the reward of finding that great deal. I enjoy that I have a story to go with most the parts I have. Just like the nerfs I got from you. I hope to be able one day to pay you back for that great deal.

Same here. I'm glad it took me along time to do it. It makes my Blaster alot more special to me then it would if I had a big budget to do it all at one time. I did enjoy the hunt and the reward of finding that great deal. I enjoy that I have a story to go with most the parts I have. Just like the nerfs I got from you. I hope to be able one day to pay you back for that great deal.

Yea I loved the size of the nets on those just wanted built in pegs, but they match your quad hella good...and no worries man, i'm glad they went to a good member and are gettin use

I really wanted them and thought I missed out on them at first. I was really happy to have another chance at them. They saved me an ass load of pain to. I was ripping across the yard and hit a large hidden rut that bounced me up off the seat. Without the nerfs, my foot would of hit the ground IN FRONT of my left peg. I'm sure I would of snapped my leg.

So I got my dynoport today (pics to come) and let me tell you this is a very well built heavy duty pipe. I did not like the look of the big sticker on the silencer so pulled it off and since there was no spark arrestor I ordered a trick red anodized end cap/arrestor for it. bottom line it is the heaviest pipe I have ever seen and since the end caps of the silencer are riveted (250r silencer) I have not quite figured how you would re-pack it though I'm sure their is a way ... but quality is bar-none top notch, the mounting is top-notch and so is the flange ... can't wait to get this thing rolling

I wanna see pics of that pipe. I saw it on ebay and cant remember?
On the dynoport did you say its a 250r silencer?

So man the dynoport ... sick pipe, one problem though, it routes directly through the area where the YFZ450 shock reservoir sits ... now I have a couple questions. I will also probably put a post of this elsewhere for those who dont look in the rebuilds but I am either going to have to

1. replace my rear shock
2. sell the dynoport and get a different pipe that will route correctly
3. heat up and bend the midpipe slightly to fit around the shock reservoir

Time to sit and think on it maybe someone will chime in with ideas

My brutha, if a 400EX shock will work, I'd say go that route, I picked mine up for $50 shipped and love the nicer ride and it saves my back to! not sure how much better the 450 shock is??

So man the dynoport ... sick pipe, one problem though, it routes directly through the area where the YFZ450 shock reservoir sits ... now I have a couple questions. I will also probably put a post of this elsewhere for those who dont look in the rebuilds but I am either going to have to

1. replace my rear shock
2. sell the dynoport and get a different pipe that will route correctly
3. heat up and bend the midpipe slightly to fit around the shock reservoir

Time to sit and think on it maybe someone will chime in with ideas

Picture of the interference!

SI - Ill get a picture soon because I want to get opinions on just bending the pipe slightly

Slick - It's not as simple because it is not a stock YFZ450 shock. It was rebuilt by HLS to be dual springed to my weight and adjustable to sag correctly to stock blaster length. If it didn't have the custom work and money into it, it would be a simple decision to switch (now I'm curious if I can find an AM YFZ shock body with remote resoirvoir I might be able to use the eibach dual spring from my shock now and the custom bushing, but I have to call HLS and see what they say since it is their kit) ... switching the rear shock might be the route I'll have to take as I am wondering if I just got lucky with the fitment of previous DMC. It might be that a power pros made pipe routes the same making it impossible to run one of those right bends either ...

Im charging my camera now so I can take pics but man the fitment of this pipe is crazy.

Gettin some pics today, just got a PM from ken ... the jug is goin out by the end of the month and i'm gonna figure out this shock thing cuz I don't want to give up on the pipe... oh and finally got my new carb so the intake can get done ... hopefully

Gettin some pics today, just got a PM from ken ... the jug is goin out by the end of the month and i'm gonna figure out this shock thing cuz I don't want to give up on the pipe... oh and finally got my new carb so the intake can get done ... hopefully

I'm Dancing the jig naked!!!!!!!!!

Some weird reflection but since people are asking here is a pic, I'll take another with it on the bike later

ixwdhy.jpg

So my mind is made up ... new shock it is. I can switch the spring kit to almost any stock 450 shock, but am looking at a few AM used ones as well. I want to keep the pipe for sure ... not just because I just got it but because it is the sickest blaster pipe as far as build quality i've seen yet.

Also, just got PM from ken on my port ... decisions made and it is gettin sent at the end of the month ... finally pppooowwwweeeerrrrrrrr ......hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.