i got a snowmobile CHECK IT OUT!!

samolia

Jul 13, 2008
Alger, Michigan
ok its an old sled but it runs GREAT! its a 1976 arctic cat panther 440 and runs as good as the day it left the dealer speaking of that it still has its dealer sticker this is a well maintained machine. the pics dont really do it justice and dont worry about the windsheild im getting one really soon!!!
anyways tell me what you guys thinkI:I
100_3939.jpg

100_3938.jpg

100_3940.jpg

i remember my grndpa had a few old sleds , one was a john deere the other 2 were cats i was smashing one with a fence post and he got soooo mad, haha i was so scared

ok heres the story i bought a camaro for $500 got it running then traded it for 2 trucks one junk one and one with a rebuild motor ok...
so i pulled the rebuilt motor and scraped those 2 trucks and another truck i had for $800 then i used that money to buy my blaster ok.
so that 2.5 was just sitting around so i traded that rebuilt 2.5 for the sled so pretty much i got my blaster and this sled for $500 great deal in my book lol srry about the lenght it was the only way i could explain it.
basicly $150 for the sled

yeah sleds are a blast to ride even just ditch banging with my old 1969 wheel horse, and the 69 ariens 300, i'm more into the vintage stuff, occasionally i go on vintage rides=D

whats that supposed to mean man arctic cats are good sleds thats a spirit motor in that thing though made by kawasaki just be careful with it. I used to have a 79 arctic cat jag 340 free-air with the suzuki motor in it that old dog ran good i miss it though now i have a 99 z370 and a 98 jag 340 haha good deal on the sled though and have fun with it

lol heres a little update on the sled.
it still runs very strong i rode it 60 miles one day and didnt miss a beat.
and i still ride it every day and chance i get.
i usually ride with my buddies.
my friend nathan has a 1979 skidoo citation 340cc
my friend jimmy has a 1986 skidoo bombardier 377cc
my friend brian has a 1980 yamaha exciter 440cc

lol my friends call my sled "the tank" because of the way i painted it or they call it "the plow" because when i slow down in deep snow it acts like a snowplow and just keeps pushing the snow doesnt stop tho im impressed.
well anywho heres an updated pic..
100_3987.jpg

and heres a pic of me jumping not much air but in 76 there must have been no bumps or something leaf springs in the front suck lol it rides like a go kart
jump.gif

Cool. Did you usea auto paint, or is it rattle caned. Were did you buy it from.
-Thanks

i baught the pain from wallyworld and it is rattle can paint but i did take 3 hours for prep work to make sure it cam out good...
the hardest part was taking off the factory decals those things were a pain in the ass to get off