H - Bomb Front Bumper

i like the tusk bumper
tus_07_com_ser_alu_fro_bum.jpg

Last edited:
That's a better choice than the tusk. The Tusk bumper (rockymountain's chinese brand), Rock (Motosport's chinese brand) And the Alba Pro-Elite are all built by the same company with the same materials. They look good and are light, and priced good, but they're the most purely ornamental bumper i've ever dealt with, as even a little bump can completely fold those mounts over. In one winter, with 2 little impacts, I completely trashed that alba bumper. A tree on one side, a fence post on the other. Both were mild impacts (the snow made me do it!!!) and wouldn't have even come close to damaging a more solid bumper like DG or PRM. Of course on the other hand if you hit something too hard with a strong bumper you could end up breaking the mounts off your frame.

When I was installing my alba bumper the mounts were about a quarter inch too close together. All I did was pull on them a little bit, not even a lot of effort, and the mounts easily bent apart. I couldn't get the mounts to spread apart on my dg with the bumper in a bench vice, swing a 5 lb sledge at it.

So don't buy tusk, rock, or alba if you want actual protection. For a cheap, lightweight, good looking bumper they're great though.

yeahh the gyt-r seems alot more reliable and its better looking too alittle pricey but its worth it for the strength