diamond j kit.

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
well yesterday i was thinking i want a wider blaster. i was looking around and could only find spacers and a diamond j kit in my mom and dads price range for christmas. i looked at the previouse questions about spacers and decided against them since i will be racing. now i was thinking a 6" diamond j kit without the shock conversion, and a banshee axel, or should i go with the 4.5" kit, i'm not shure how muck wider a banshee axel is or how muckh they run, they should mount right up to my 04 because of the hydros ,right?

the banshee axle is about 3.5 in wider total. i'd use a 6 inch kit for racing...or just ask for cash and save for a arms (thats what i'd do)

ddon;t even bother with that crappy ass kit... they SUCK.. makes the quad handle liek crap.. i know there is a past thread we we argued about it. the bottom line is that does not make your quad handle better.. it makes the front of the frame very wide and you keep the short a arm... thats the exact opposite of what your looking for.. the idela setup is a thin front frame section and a LONG a arms. also that changes the tie rod angle in comparsion to the lower a arms.. also not a good situtaion.. it stresses the tie rod ends more as well.. it;s just a bad idea..

yeah the thing is spacers are crappy, appariently diamond j kits are too, and a arms are out of my price range, what do i do, i need to get it wider to run my winter riding tires, help me out. are there any cheap aftermarket a arms.

well, i'm gonna be racing supercross and going to the track to practice and doing some pretty big jumps so i doubt they will work.

well the kits are made out of high carbon steel so the kit is accually stronger then the blaster frame it is bolted to...
as long as your not bottoming out hard core then you will be fine..
but i dont see you bottoming out as long as you get some half way decent shocks, cause you gatta remember that they have landing ramps too so the jump may look very big but the landing isnt going to be too bad.
buy them and try them and if you dont like them im sure you could make most of your money back

ok, that dj kit says not for jumoing, if you have a death wish, buy it. its probly going to hurt you. the best setup for racing and hitting big jumps, is new a arms and shocks. i know its expensive, but racing is an expensive hobby. save you pennies and do it right, and dont kill yourself cuz you wanna safe a few bucks. buy a banshee axle its around 3 inches wider (6 total probly) use hydro brakes, and buy decent front suspension parts. keep your eye out for deals on ebay and forums.

trust me its the only way to go. the dj kits make you quad handle worse. they are dangerous, and a gimmick. there may be times where you hit a jump funny and land wierd and need that suspension to save you.....keep that in mind.

do it right, do it once.

what is the ceapest aftermarket a arm for a blaster, what is the price, are there any switchable a arms from another quad, like how the guys sometimes put yfz 450 a arms on bansheez.

ok, that dj kit says not for jumoing, if you have a death wish, buy it. its probly going to hurt you. the best setup for racing and hitting big jumps, is new a arms and shocks. i know its expensive, but racing is an expensive hobby. save you pennies and do it right, and dont kill yourself cuz you wanna safe a few bucks. buy a banshee axle its around 3 inches wider (6 total probly) use hydro brakes, and buy decent front suspension parts. keep your eye out for deals on ebay and forums.

trust me its the only way to go. the dj kits make you quad handle worse. they are dangerous, and a gimmick. there may be times where you hit a jump funny and land wierd and need that suspension to save you.....keep that in mind.

do it right, do it once.

+1 rockstar!!!!!! u and 370 are quad know it alls

what is the ceapest aftermarket a arm for a blaster, what is the price, are there any switchable a arms from another quad, like how the guys sometimes put yfz 450 a arms on bansheez.

asr a arms will be the cheapest and with that cheapness comes with durability....they cosy about 400 dllars

also i beleive what 370 and ROCKSTAR said, diamond j kits might make you're handeling crappier, or it might not matter, i'm not shure but i think i'm gonna go with these 5" spacers.

Ill wait for the time when you jump those spacers and have a bad crash due to em and then say we told you so. But if your only gonna do recreational riding then yer good.