Busco beach 2011

I am back home already... I had three days of swamp ass, mud, rain, mud, more rain, racing, burning meth, rain, mud, and more rain! and that was more than enough for me....

I broke a toe on my right foot and possibly a bone in my left foot. I ended up with a pretty decent cut on my left index finger as well. I didn't fair so well in the last three days....

I think everyone except scotj77's cousin got to take my bayou down through the pond who wanted to (sorry dude, we just ran outta time!) Conquest and noobs both spent a little while driving all around the water wheelie pond and really got the hang of it. Conquest can even say now he's got a little mud digger in him now...

I hooked up with PaulieB for about a half hour trail ride. It was him on the hurricane banshee with the bear claws on it, my buddy Scotty on his snorkeled Honda foreman, me on the "old yeller" blaster, and one of paulie's buddies on his stockish utility quad. We went way on back down a nice long trail and got tied up in some good sticky stuff. One thing I can say, it doesn't matter how clean and pretty paulie keeps his toys, he has NO problem getting them beyond dirty.... at one point he went to cross a little creek/crossing about 25 feet in front of me and not thinking about it, I didn't get out of the line of fire. The video of him crossing through mud is pretty much his modus operandi for trail riding.... he threw a chunk of mud about 4" x 2" x 1" thick straight into my chest. The good news was, I only got stuck in one little spot and it was from a lack of momentum and mucky muddy conditions. The bad news is, my chest hurt for a while after that ride...

During the heavy rain on Friday most of the blaster forum crew went for a trail ride. We had a large group of guys for a high speed mud run It was Freek, Batt, Braaptor, my buddy Scotty, Scotj, his cousin, and me. We rode all out around the outside trail of Busco Beach (we rode long enough I began to worry about the amount of fuel I had left in the tank) and we were all SLOBBERED muddy. Everyone's blaster EXCEPT mine is polished and cleaned to the hilt but those guys had NO problem burying their stuff in mud. Two thumbs way way up for all the guys on the ride.... thumbs way way down for all the guys who stood under the shelter and watched all us ride by and got cat called to come out riding and just waited there... you know who you are... *coughconquest, mmajay, surfcough*

im just getting home now also, had a blast I:I meeting everyone was awesome as usual, could have done without the rain but eh what can ya do... mud diggin in the ponds was basically kick fckn ass and i would lkie to thank civic again for letting me do it with the most real threat of me sinking his machine lurking constantly hahahahah

im just getting home now also, had a blast I:I meeting everyone was awesome as usual, could have done without the rain but eh what can ya do... mud diggin in the ponds was basically kick fckn ass and i would lkie to thank civic again for letting me do it with the most real threat of me sinking his machine lurking constantly hahahahah

awesome noobs, 2 for 2 years in a row you get to super swamp !!!!!!
i was concerned when the 305's sold "bruce"
way to keep the traditon alive civic !!!!!

I'm back and in a dry house I:I
Yeah buddies this year was a wet one, BUT the temps were perfect for riding. I'd say I rode more this year then the last 2 combined x 2.
Friday night I had one of my front tires lock up on a night ride that was fun.
It ended up bein due to some bolts backing out of my brake rotor (my fault).
This year I actually was able to stand moving enough to go and shoot the sh*t with alot of guys unlike last year. We seemed to be spread out all over the park. I'd go for a ride and run into alot of guys and stop and hangout or noober would tell me were the guys were at :)
I'm so glad I brought the mud tires- my shee had them on all day sat.
Me and a friend went for a trail ride and after 5 minutes I quicky figured out bein muddy and wet was gonna happen. After that it was just balls out.
We ended rescuing a mudder quad stuck WAY back on the trail who flagged us down. Poor guy went off on his own and got buried. He was surprised I could even make it to his quad on a Banshee :D On the way back we ran into sivicdude and his 2 buddies.
It's funny puttin a face to the screen name. My boy is like 7ft tall/ 2 fiddy goin through the thickest mud on a Blasty but one of the coolest guys out. Sorry bout the mud to the chest dude you never even mentioned it- prolly due to prolonged enjoyment of sniffin grape flavored race gas haha. As promissed I let anyone who wanted take the Hurricane shee out for a ride and even got a few takers. It was fun blastin around the sandbowl with you guys too.
I also got to hang out with a couple buddies from my way that came down. Both guys rode TRX450's with Ice cude 542 cylinders.
Naturally crap was talked and a race ended up happeneing.
I spanked them both and even went neck and neck flat trackin the pond with one of them. About 2 minutes after that race his 542 locked up......
The drags were fun especially the test and tune ones.
I didn't stick around too much for the official races because they took too frickin long as I sure someone will chime in about.
There is a ton more to talk about and I have a few pics and vids to upload and share but for now I gottah get cleaned up, put stuff away, and enjoy bein dry B)

Damn i want some pics i havent seen nothing. I know alot of people cleaned up and added lil things to therer bikes and i demand to see. Jk waiting for all you people to get rested up then i will begg for pics ahah

Damn i want some pics i havent seen nothing. I know alot of people cleaned up and added lil things to therer bikes and i demand to see. Jk waiting for all you people to get rested up then i will begg for pics ahah

lol, i didnt take any with my camera but i can go take on of how the bike stis now and show ya lol

@1995blaster: There won't be as many pictures as there *should* have been because it was SOOOO muddy and wet no one had clean enough hands to handle a camera and no one felt comfortable brining electronics out on trails...

@ paulie: I didn't mention it for a few reason: 1) It wouldn't have changed anything anyway.... the damage was already done 2) I couldn't catch up to the yellow and black bullet to say anything if I had wanted to 3) I didn't want to get out from behind you.... the groovy grape was just too sweet!

250? you're sweet but wrong... try 318.

@noobs: no problem man.... that's why I brought the kawasaki... you and conquest BOTH had the biggest smiles on your faces afterwards. Glad to see you finally got the hang of the "opposite" lean steering system LOL!

@1995blaster: There won't be as many pictures as there *should* have been because it was SOOOO muddy and wet no one had clean enough hands to handle a camera and no one felt comfortable brining electronics out on trails...

@ paulie: I didn't mention it for a few reason: 1) It wouldn't have changed anything anyway.... the damage was already done 2) I couldn't catch up to the yellow and black bullet to say anything if I had wanted to 3) I didn't want to get out from behind you.... the groovy grape was just too sweet!

250? you're sweet but wrong... try 318.

@noobs: no problem man.... that's why I brought the kawasaki... you and conquest BOTH had the biggest smiles on your faces afterwards. Glad to see you finally got the hang of the "opposite" lean steering system LOL!

dayum dude u dont look 318 lol, all i can say that if this guy says he is gonna throw ya in the pond if ya dont go 'diggin you better take your ass and go ' diggin lmao!!! I:I I:I thanks again man that was probally the most fun riding i did the whole time :)

I only said it like that because Conquest said he didn't want to get wet or he would take the bayou through the pond. I was making it very clear that he was getting wet one way or the other. "One way involves keys, the other way I throw you in the pond". LOL good times huh?!

Finally home as well! Sore, bruised, tired as hell, but man oh man was it a fun time!! Big thanks to Paulie B for letting me tear it up on the Hurricane Banshee. So much fun... Both my quads ran great despite a rear brake failure on my TRX450r on the last day. I loved finally getting to meet all you guys who showed up, and can't wait to do it again next year. I took the Blasty to the drag strip after all the official events were done. Ended up roasting a 400ex and outran a stock 660 Raptor. Even though most of the park was a mucky mess, the MX track stayed pretty clean and Freek, Batt, myself, and couple others got to air it out 'till we couldn't stand the hard landings anymore. I'd say it was a pretty successful trip.

Just got home and yeah we got hit with the rain on the road so the blastyisn't as dirty as it was but still pretty nasty.

Well since no one decided to tell my story of this weekend i guess i'll start it off. braaaptor, si, freek, or quite a few others could fill ya in on the blanks if i have some.

Got to busco at 6am thursday. Had a toasted clutch baket that had to be replaced. Had three great dudes promise to bring one and came thorugh(thanks freek, Civic, and surfr) I got straight to work when i pulled up. By that i mean i cracked a beer at 6am but that was ok because i had been up all night gettin to busco. right?...... lol anyway found freek and batt and got his basket. Went to bolt it on and.... F#%$!!!!!! for some reason the small gear on the clutch basket had been ground down so the basket hit the balacer gear. Freek had an extra spacer so we gave that a shot.... long story short it didn't work because it was too far out for the push rod to disengage the clutch.

So si and i went to work on his basket. we had to put the small gear off of my basket onto the basket that he tried to take his eye out with last week. got it put back together and the cutch finally worked right. so i play around on it a bit testin it out and proceed to lose control of the blasty driftin a a corner that did not need to be drifted around... I got tossed and the blasty did a one wheel pirowet(sp*) and ended up back on the tires. bashed my head on the ground and hurt my shoulder a bit but not bad at all. Thank god for helmets!

After this Si proceeds to give me a lesson on how to understand and tune my 35mm pwk. I have to stop here and say Sicivicdude is one of the nicest, dudes you will ever meet. he has a great sence of humor and is just an all around good guy. Also knows his stuff. After a pain in the butt fight with the carb we get it tuned pretty damn well. TEST RIDE TIME!!!!!!!!!! Started off great. blasty was pullin like a beast!!!! I came into a long flat clay corner in the big area around the dragstrip that was a bit more narrow than i needed to slide around it at about 50! on the outside edge of the corner was about an 8 ft drop off. busco has lots of these in the big open areas. they kinda made it in levels using the dirt. but back on track now. I proceed to fly off the 8ft drop sideways on the blasty at about 40. I knew the landing was gonna be bad. I mean really bad, so I bailed. hit the hard packed clay hard. got bruised ribs hip and my sternum(sp*) hurts from slamming into the ground so hard on my side. but no broken bones. but the blasty ended up floating upsidedown in the near by pond. no clue how it got there. I couldn't see straight for a few seconds. as soon as i saw the blasty i drug myself into the water to retrieve the blaster. it took me about 20 min to pull her free of the water. I was down so low no one riding could see me.

She spent the night on her back like most of my women. changed all the fluids, dried her out, and got her up and runnin the next morning.lmfao!!!! I was so sore though i couldn't kick my kicker anymore so i had to have my cousin or si, or braaaptor kick it for me most of the time. lol. but i did my best to go on rides and keep up with the guys eventhough my blasty was more of a wheelchair than a quad this weekend. lol

Scot, don't forget the ride with freek and batt where you tried to mud bog.... LMAO! that hole was a little deeper than it looked huh? Good thing scotty waited back there with you and could help pull it out.

Shoulder still sore?

edit: pirouette. Don't ask me how I know.... I was actually standing in Scot's campsite when he did the pirouette and got body slammed. That blasty is graceful man, it stood straight up, twirled on the back tire and then set down all nice and gentle. Unfortunately, the rider wasn't treated with grace or dignity...

Last edited:
Just got home and yeah we got hit with the rain on the road so the blastyisn't as dirty as it was but still pretty nasty.

Well since no one decided to tell my story of this weekend i guess i'll start it off. braaaptor, si, freek, or quite a few others could fill ya in on the blanks if i have some.

Got to busco at 6am thursday. Had a toasted clutch baket that had to be replaced. Had three great dudes promise to bring one and came thorugh(thanks freek, Civic, and surfr) I got straight to work when i pulled up. By that i mean i cracked a beer at 6am but that was ok because i had been up all night gettin to busco. right?...... lol anyway found freek and batt and got his basket. Went to bolt it on and.... F#%$!!!!!! for some reason the small gear on the clutch basket had been ground down so the basket hit the balacer gear. Freek had an extra spacer so we gave that a shot.... long story short it didn't work because it was too far out for the push rod to disengage the clutch.

So si and i went to work on his basket. we had to put the small gear off of my basket onto the basket that he tried to take his eye out with last week. got it put back together and the cutch finally worked right. so i play around on it a bit testin it out and proceed to lose control of the blasty driftin a a corner that did not need to be drifted around... I got tossed and the blasty did a one wheel pirowet(sp*) and ended up back on the tires. bashed my head on the ground and hurt my shoulder a bit but not bad at all. Thank god for helmets!

After this Si proceeds to give me a lesson on how to understand and tune my 35mm pwk. I have to stop here and say Sicivicdude is one of the nicest, dudes you will ever meet. he has a great sence of humor and is just an all around good guy. Also knows his stuff. After a pain in the butt fight with the carb we get it tuned pretty damn well. TEST RIDE TIME!!!!!!!!!! Started off great. blasty was pullin like a beast!!!! I came into a long flat clay corner in the big area around the dragstrip that was a bit more narrow than i needed to slide around it at about 50! on the outside edge of the corner was about an 8 ft drop off. busco has lots of these in the big open areas. they kinda made it in levels using the dirt. but back on track now. I proceed to fly off the 8ft drop sideways on the blasty at about 40. I knew the landing was gonna be bad. I mean really bad, so I bailed. hit the hard packed clay hard. got bruised ribs hip and my sternum(sp*) hurts from slamming into the ground so hard on my side. but no broken bones. but the blasty ended up floating upsidedown in the near by pond. no clue how it got there. I couldn't see straight for a few seconds. as soon as i saw the blasty i drug myself into the water to retrieve the blaster. it took me about 20 min to pull her free of the water. I was down so low no one riding could see me.

She spent the night on her back like most of my women. changed all the fluids, dried her out, and got her up and runnin the next morning.lmfao!!!! I was so sore though i couldn't kick my kicker anymore so i had to have my cousin or si, or braaaptor kick it for me most of the time. lol. but i did my best to go on rides and keep up with the guys eventhough my blasty was more of a wheelchair than a quad this weekend. lol

Yeah, Scott DEFINATELY deserves the "Trooper of the Weekend" award. Him and his cousin Steve stuck it out and endured more breakdowns and bad luck than most of us would be willing to put up with. Saturday at Busco started out well for us, especially since Scott had gotten a better carb needle from mmajay earlier that morning and his Blasty was running better than ever.

Then on our last group ride of the day, Steve was riding Scott's Blaster while Scott tore around on my 450r. I followed them on my Blasty. No sooner did we all get WAY OUT to the far end of Busco (at least a mile from camp) then I looked back to see Scott's Blaster dieseling out of control. Steve managed to get it into gear and lock the brakes in time to kill the engine and save the top end. A closer look revealed that the cylinder head had come loose. Ugh. That was a long tow back to camp. Steve and I had to go all the way back for a tow strap and then return to retrieve Scott and the Blaster.

Good luck getting her fixed, Scott! Hopefully there's nothing major wrong in there.