Boyesen RAD Valve review, genuine ass-dyno numbers

oooook well my new carb fits completelly over the rad valve opening so i have alot of work to do i have already cut the round flange off of the rad valve so its flat and im going to be using the stock size boot (aftermarket peice) over the opening. anyone wanna see pics? i gotta read on how to do that...

oooook well my new carb fits completelly over the rad valve opening so i have alot of work to do i have already cut the round flange off of the rad valve so its flat and im going to be using the stock size boot (aftermarket peice) over the opening. anyone wanna see pics? i gotta read on how to do that...

You cut it up? Boyesen sells different size adapters for larger carbs.:eek:

I have mixed feelings about the vforce and rad valve too...

yeah the vforce has more reed surface area, BUT it has that horrendous square edge on its intake side.. Look at the RAD valve, its nice and flowed and curved.. I have a UPP manifold, it matches up perfectly with the PJ34 carb, but NOTHING matches up to the intake side of the Vforce.. Its a sharp edge SQUARE hole.. and its in the intake flow about 2 inches downstream of the carb.. Im looking for an epoxy or silicone based filler to fill in the gap and make a nice contour.

I tried one silicone filler and it had a massive improvement to the top end power, but when I took it apart 20 minutes later, it had started coming unstuck from the silicone UPP manifold..

The Pro Design is worth looking at if anyone has noticed a similar matching problem..

so the vforce is far from perfect, but the boyesen is not too bad if you port it out and use some bad ass pro series carbon reeds!

Hope this rant was of some help..

ive got no pics of the stuffer i had made but i remember doing it in a hurry.. I dont remember but can you grind away some of the vforce reed block to open up the intake or is it really close to the base where the reeds seal to.. either way we all know what the deal is; a nice smooth intake tract with no sudden changes in shape or area.. lol

ravalve3.jpg

im still working on it....

KTM has an interesting system of filler blocks for the reedbox intake.
You can mix or match to change the volume of the reedbox to give the throttle response you want.
255293_10151168914275803_1628480503_n.jpg

As you can see from the pict below Boyesen Rad valve is available as well.
The whole theory of the Rad Valve is constant cross section so I really don't understand how porting it out is supposed to improve it?

Steve

Reactions: jus_me