Blow up carnage and rebuild

I thought York said he'd port it for the price of shipping. I'm trying to get that top end swapped before my next dunes trip but I have this to deal with when I get home among many other things:
1j8287.jpg

I thought York said he'd port it for the price of shipping. I'm trying to get that top end swapped before my next dunes trip but I have this to deal with when I get home among many other things:
1j8287.jpg

yea he did, not sure if i want it ported though, i just want a reliable bike for riding the naches in 2 weeks, btw what are you doing to those bikes?

I see, a properly ported bike will be plenty of reliable if yiu can get it finished in time. Let me know how that ride goes, I'm thinking about joining a group that is going there the week after I get back from Oregon. The CR in that picture is getting new bars, grips, cables, reeds and has a motor leak. I picked that yz up for $1300 a few weeks ago with blown fork seals, I'm going through everything on it and putting a full Enzo suspension on it so I can launch it to the moon.

yea he did, not sure if i want it ported though, i just want a reliable bike for riding the naches in 2 weeks, btw what are you doing to those bikes?

Shipping isn't that much....

That cylinder is on its last bore isn't it?

Plus it's not in the greatest of condition to begin with!

Not to sound rude.

But how in the hell is that cylinder going to be the most " reliable" option.

IMHO I think that using that cylinder over again would be unwise and the exact opposite of making a reliable motor.

I think that your best bet would be check the local craigslist and post a wanted ad here and on craigslist for a new cylinder.

Then take and pay the little bit of shipping( or get it direct shipped, if already shipping from somewhere) to York racing and get it ported free of charge.. He can measure the specs for u I'm sure while it's there? Order a new piston and rings ( witch by the looks of the missing chunk of the crown, your going to have to anyways).

Then you will have a fresh ported cylinder all for a REALLY reasonable price.

It may not be the top of the line but I bet my bottom dollar it will be a WHOLE lot better then If u just try and hone that cylinder and throw a piston in it.

Also with all that shrapnel are u planning to clean that bottom end out?.

Shipping isn't that much....

That cylinder is on its last bore isn't it?

Plus it's not in the greatest of condition to begin with!

Not to sound rude.

But how in the hell is that cylinder going to be the most " reliable" option.

IMHO I think that using that cylinder over again would be unwise and the exact opposite of making a reliable motor.

I think that your best bet would be check the local craigslist and post a wanted ad here and on craigslist for a new cylinder.

Then take and pay the little bit of shipping( or get it direct shipped, if already shipping from somewhere) to York racing and get it ported free of charge.. He can measure the specs for u I'm sure while it's there? Order a new piston and rings ( witch by the looks of the missing chunk of the crown, your going to have to anyways).

Then you will have a fresh ported cylinder all for a REALLY reasonable price.

It may not be the top of the line but I bet my bottom dollar it will be a WHOLE lot better then If u just try and hone that cylinder and throw a piston in it.

Also with all that shrapnel are u planning to clean that bottom end out?.

yea, i also found a ready to go bolt on cylinder and head and piston on cl for cheap, im gonna make sure its within spec and checks out though before i put it on... the other thing is, im not to sure how porting will be with no head mod?

I thought you were looking for more power to ride the dunes. Porting for the cost of shipping sounds like a great idea to me. Then you will have the power you said your Blaster lacks at the dunes. Later you can always get the head rechambered.

I thought you were looking for more power to ride the dunes. Porting for the cost of shipping sounds like a great idea to me. Then you will have the power you said your Blaster lacks at the dunes. Later you can always get the head rechambered.

yea, i talked to ken he said porting isint the best option, he said porting = more heat, and in the sand its just spinning and spinning so its getting very hot already, no matter what i do to this thing it will never be a great dune quad. i have to keep it pinned the whole time just to keep up. im thinking maybe getting a really built up 400. i would like a 450 but ken said the maintenance is crazy on them. not really sure what im gonna do to tell you the truth. for now im just gonna rebuild it and get it strong running and go from there

A built up 400 won't be the powerhouse you want. A 450R isn't even close to as bad as people say. My friend has a trail 450 that he rides with us and he changes the oil twice a year. I don't recommend that AT ALL but it has the big 3 and its a 2006. No problems yet what so ever! I don't know where people get the idea maintenance is crazy.... I race MX with mine wide open and never have more maintenance that any other quad or bike I have owned. It is a fully built Nationals engine so more stress that just a normal 450 for trails. I change the oil after every 2 practices and a race. Clean the air filter at the same time. Valve adjustments once a year. Doesn't sound that "crazy" to me for a quad that gets whooped on. I know people with 7 years on valves that have never gone out of spec from trail riding. Take care of it and it will run great. But you don't have to go "crazy".

The reason he is having a hard time getting up that hill is because it's so technical. It has nothing to do with incline and lack of power.

yea, i talked to ken he said porting isint the best option, he said porting = more heat, and in the sand its just spinning and spinning so its getting very hot already, no matter what i do to this thing it will never be a great dune quad. i have to keep it pinned the whole time just to keep up. im thinking maybe getting a really built up 400. i would like a 450 but ken said the maintenance is crazy on them. not really sure what im gonna do to tell you the truth. for now im just gonna rebuild it and get it strong running and go from there

you could be the first to try this out and see if it makes it run any cooler http://crossman11.tripod.com/es