250 4 stroke blaster?

B-1

Jul 31, 2010
VA
Some one gave me an old non running honda 250 dual sport bike a while back, I cleaned out the carb and got it running but the bike it self is trashed. Ive got a few blaster parts left over from my last builds so of course im thinking it would make a decent swap. Maybe something fun to mess around on. The 250 motor is a good bit taller than the blaster motor, I have yet to measure the blaster frame to see if it would even fit well. But what do you guys think?

Some one gave me an old non running honda 250 dual sport bike a while back, I cleaned out the carb and got it running but the bike it self is trashed. Ive got a few blaster parts left over from my last builds so of course im thinking it would make a decent swap. Maybe something fun to mess around on. The 250 motor is a good bit taller than the blaster motor, I have yet to measure the blaster frame to see if it would even fit well. But what do you guys think?
I asume it's a xr 250 motor that has about 28-29 hp
i'll be better on trails and hill climes than fast tracks and hevier, you will see that it wil not rev as fast as a blaster motor and not have the reponse as a 2 stroke
if it will fit at all

Nuno

Nah I wish it was a xr250....it's a xl250r. It's only got around 17 hp. I wouldn't expect it to be very fast I've got other rides if I'm in the mood for fast riding. Ive just been in the mood to do a motor swap in something but don't know if it would be worth it.

It would definately be cool to have your own cheap, custom made wheeler, but I can just about guarantee some cutting and welding will be needed to make the motor fit. If you have the skill, the means, and the desire to do all that I say go for it bro ! If nothin else it'll be a good learning experience and somethin to keep you busy.

Thats what id be goin for on this fourwheeler, just a cheap beater. That was the plan with my last blaster build but i didnt make it very far, i ended up with the blaster in my sig pic lol. Not the nicest by any means but no beater. Ive got access to all the tools i would need to do it, all i would really need to get is a frame, swingarm and brakes. I think i have everything else, ive been wanting to upgrade the swinger and brakes on my other blaster anyways so nows a good time to do that i suppose. Maybe i could find someone on here wanting to sale a frame pretty cheap if not ive seen frames on ebay for less than 150 shipped so i should be able to do this pretty cheap....hopefully

Go for it then bro, $150 sounds like a damn good price to me for a frame. The part of New York Im from your lucky if you can find a frame for $250-$300, rolling frames go for even more. When your done you can either keep it, or ride it for a while then make some $ and sell it. You'll benefit from building your own reguardless of what you decide to do with it when its done !

Go for it then bro, $150 sounds like a damn good price to me for a frame. The part of New York Im from your lucky if you can find a frame for $250-$300, rolling frames go for even more. When your done you can either keep it, or ride it for a while then make some $ and sell it. You'll benefit from building your own reguardless of what you decide to do with it when its done !

what $300 in TN i had a guy offer to sell me a yfz frame for $60 and we bought our parts bikefor $150 and it was pretty mutch a rolling frame

what $300 in TN i had a guy offer to sell me a yfz frame for $60 and we bought our parts bikefor $150 and it was pretty mutch a rolling frame

The fellas in NY are money hungry, we are always thinking stuff is worth more than it really is. When I bought my blaster a few months back, I overpaid...the thought still haunts me. X(

Thats what id be goin for on this fourwheeler, just a cheap beater. That was the plan with my last blaster build but i didnt make it very far, i ended up with the blaster in my sig pic lol. Not the nicest by any means but no beater. Ive got access to all the tools i would need to do it, all i would really need to get is a frame, swingarm and brakes. I think i have everything else, ive been wanting to upgrade the swinger and brakes on my other blaster anyways so nows a good time to do that i suppose. Maybe i could find someone on here wanting to sale a frame pretty cheap if not ive seen frames on ebay for less than 150 shipped so i should be able to do this pretty cheap....hopefully

I'm pretty sure Prime is selling a frame, with paperwork. I'll try to find the link for you.

Edit:

Link: http://www.blasterforum.com/sale-18/part-out-48002/index5.html

He talks about it in the 5th page. Hes asking $135.

Thanks for the link longview. I found a parts blaster for sale pretty cheap so I bought it but there's not to much wrong with it so I think I'm just going to fix it up. It also came with a extra carb, fmf silencer, full factory exhaust, and another motor that has a brand new top end it just needs clutches. So now I need to find a rollin frame and a bare frame.

If you got the stuff laying around to do it i say hell yea.

If this is going to cost you to build find a better engine.

Id build it and sell it to get something better.

a 250cc 4 poke in q light little blaster will be an awesome trail bike and perfect for the new guy looking to get into the atv scene.

i just got a blown up parts blaster i was thinking the same idea

take the motor out and save it for my blaster (can you say kor rebuild)

swap(weld) in a little electric start auto-clutch w/reverse motor and make it a loner quad. something 'like' a boyou but with a chain drive (maybae a pepboys special it doesnt have to be awsome just trail worthy, to convince them if they wanna keep up then they need to buy their own quad)...

option b was to partout the stock blaster to all you monkeys, but i just cant bring myself to kill a rolling chassis

do you guys have any suggestions for motors that fit my criteria?no reverse isnt a deal breaker, water cooled & shaft drive are

do you guys have any suggestions for motors that fit my criteria?no reverse isnt a deal breaker, water cooled & shaft drive are

Gen 1 ATC200X engine, or one of the many China clones now available. You can buy a China clone (manual or semi-auto) for around $250 new.

Gen 1 ATC200X engine, or one of the many China clones now available. You can buy a China clone (manual or semi-auto) for around $250 new.

All Iwas seeing was 1000 new chinaclones on ebay

Could ya give me some search terms to get me closer? Are you taking the baja quads via pepboys

All Iwas seeing was 1000 new chinaclones on ebay

Could ya give me some search terms to get me closer? Are you taking the baja quads via pepboys

I was referring to the engine only, but looking at them today I see they have doubled in price over the last year. This engine was $249 when I bought mine http://www.buyatvsonline.com/chinese-engines-c-177.html . I didn't buy one here but got one with a parts lot of 3 wheelers I bought. I was trying to find a value on it, in case I decided to sale it. I have one of these engines, never heard it run but it's showing a good compression and the stator tested out good. I might consider selling it. A friend of mine took all my 200X stuff to his place and was considering using this engine to build his wife an X. Here's some pictures;
Picture00115.jpg

The parts quad it came from
Picture00106.jpg

Last edited: