YoungGunsRacing

The tracking information provided is working as it should as of today.

I sent a message Feb. The 23rd confirming the packages were going out - they did to my local usps via being picked up by the local carrier. Why it sat there so long without any movement or indication I cannot answer but I assure you those packages were picked up on the 23rd as instructed. I always insure them incase theres an issue and we need to get a replacement. I would have gladly done another cylinder for you if yours had been lost.

Feb 26th I received a message here on the forum - I had not logged in until today and so did not get them - my fault and i take responsibility for such and tho I have been very busy I will not make excuses.

My email is working and has been working every day - thats a very good contact for me.

Until today the phone line had been working fine as well. My carrier has since solved the issue, it worked this am and have no idea why it didnt almost 8 hours of the day. it would have to be the day you try to call though - not cool.

In betwen my dilema with having to linen up someone else to rechamber your head - which will be kor - your cylinder did sit idle for a little longer than a week - this is my fault and perhaps i should have just sent it back and sent the head that time later.

Anyhow, I am sorry there were several days in between our conversation - the tracking information is working now which I suppose counts for something - and the work was done as promised. Im sorry there were some communication issues. Now maybe we can put this issue to bed and you can give your review of the work once all is received and well.

Last edited:
Now that its all out there - perhaps there wont be anymore need for "bashing". Typically once you have the tracking information i often dont look into watching them unless im contacted with an issue - had I known the day you sent the message I would have gladly contacted them and found out where and what issues were going on.

Things look to convenient now that these issues were brought to a head today and at then the numbers started working today as well.

Anyhow I am rambling - like I said. I am not here to avoid anyone, ignore anyone, or take the money and run. If there is anything else I can do for you please text, call or email me -Jon @Younggunsracing.com

I see no mention of why you haven't replied in this thread since feb 8th, almost a solid month,
yet are seen on BHQ daily.

ya know, being your big debut on here to showcase your work, I'd think you'd have stopped in to see the reveiws ?

Reactions: Herpderplol
No excuse for this thread - I pop on and off here all the time to check messages quick in between times at the shop. I had checked a few times and noted no new responses. Time goes by and I had forgotten to swing into this thread and check things out. It shouldnt have had to come to this

Last edited:
Not to further bash anyone, but I had similar dealings with you last year in regards to a jug and carb. I was trying to stay quiet but after seeing another member having the same issues with you I feel I must come forward. I heard the same shipping horrors, they weren't picking up when they should blah blah blah. I had to repeatedly call you and listen to why I was not receiving my items. I did receive the items after about five weeks and numerous phone calls, PM's on the forum and emails to your company.

I would PM you every few days and not receive any reply from you, although your user activity would show you were logged on to the forum between messages. The first thing I am sure every user does on this and every forum is check the messages they receive. Seems like the same old same old from this seller.

You did make things right by giving me back some of my money but all in all not worth the hassle.

Reactions: jus_me
In the past there had been some issues with the local post master amd their numerous substituted carriers - but that had since been resolved for quite some time. If I dont take a package to the post office or schedule the pickup - I am man enough to admit I was wrong or have made a mistake. Overall, at the worst possible time good ol usps strikes again. But in the end, I havnt tried to steal anyone's cylinder, i surely did not turn the thing into a boat anchor, nothing has been damaged - once again, never had it happen but if and when, I am man enough to admit such a thing and get you a replacement. it sat a little longer than should and for that I own up, the postal problem I suppose I could point at them all day - in ny situation you all would to - but I chose to use them so.

Rambling again - anyhow the tracking info has the products moving. The head to KOR and the cylinder back to jus_me

I don't have a time machine - Im just admitting my responsibilities. I do the best I can every day for that I am proud. I gave other means of contacting me fairly simply - I will consider the matter solved.

IMG_20150304_142027.jpg ...

img_20150304_142027-jpg.21821

Sand/dirt/media blast?

img_20150304_143513-jpg.21825

Attachments

• IMG_20150304_143513.jpg
    IMG_20150304_143513.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 424
When I first saw the pics that Jon posted earlier in this thread I was somewhat concerned about the quality of the work.

He did mention that it needed cleaning up so I preferred not to comment and gave the benefit of doubt.

I now is apparent that shoddy work has been performed and a considerable amount of work is now needed to finish the cylinder to an acceptable standard.

Certainly never going to recommend sending any project to Youngunsracing!!!

Reactions: Herpderplol
Not very pleased to say the least. After cleaning all the sand out I can see where the burr rand around in the cyl bore. The exhaust port is not matched to the gasket. The transfer ports where it comes into the bore are untouched with casting buggers/snots. Everything is crooked and pitted/wavy.

I am not trying to be harsh to the porter in anyway I am just stating the facts. The one thing I do see that is decent is the curve of the exhaust port on the bore side is consistent and even considering it was raised a considerable amount.

I also guess I have to chamfer my own ports? I could be wrong but I thought that was included in port jobs ?

Will my cyl hone out or will I need a new bore?

If it looks like a turd and smells like a turd , it's not a Snickers

Reactions: Blaaster