will yfz shocks fit blaster?

mayor west

Nov 21, 2010
sorry if this has been covered before but i have searched but couldnt find anything. will 05 yfz shocks fit my blaster? i have quadzilla wide a arms (plus 2" i think) if they ill need spacing/machining that isnt a problem

they will fit with little modification, but if your arms are set up for stock suspension then they will raise your heighth. but there are people on this forum that have done the swap and can tell you 100 percent.

im not too bothered about raising the height , it could do with some more clearence tbh, what about the rear shock, any ideas about that? i have already bought them so its too late now, just wondered whats going to greet me next week

thanks for the help

i searched about the rear shock and i couldnt find anything. but your best bet is probably going to be... get a 400ex rear shock. all they need is a bushing in the rear to fit a blaster. but match the shocks up and see what you come up with. let me know what you find.

Yes, yfz450 front shocks will fit a blaster. You'll want to play with the preload to get the front end heighth where its comfortable for you. Heres a pic of mine with +2+1 burgard standard travel a-arms and yfz450 shocks
blaster017-1.jpg

Reactions: blasterbrian
Yes, yfz450 front shocks will fit a blaster. You'll want to play with the preload to get the front end heighth where its comfortable for you. Heres a pic of mine with +2+1 burgard standard travel a-arms and yfz450 shocks
blaster017-1.jpg

did you by chance check the amount of travel you had with this setup? im going to run the same arms and shocks but i may move the upper mounts up and out a little.

yah, i gotta get in the garage and mess with my adjustments, cause my front sits too low how i have it now, i'm gonna run them on the stock mounts

i absolutely love the stance of blasters with yfz450 shocks. now i want some to go with my burgards. especially yours 245stroker

yeah i found yours. but he wasnt asking if he could put arms on his blaster. thats why i didnt post a link to yours