When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This system sounds VERY similar. I just happen to have this kit so it's what I'm rocking! LOL!

Throw on top of that pile, I won a pair of .190 aluminum blasty wheels today on Ebay. I'm thinking the 21" 8 paddles I linked earlier may become mine at some point in the next month or two. $150 is pretty reasonable for a pair of drag tires....

I just paid for a set of douglas red label wheels.

I already have a set of douglas black label wheels on my yellow blaster but the tires on them are some old worn out holeshots. My wife's blaster has like new Kenda XCR's on stock wheels on it.

I'm thinking I should do a chinese fire drill of tires and put the XCR's on the red labels on my yellow blaster. The holeshots on the stockies on her blaster and the black label wheels with 21" 8 paddle tires on the dragger. What's everyone think? Black labels or red labels on the dragger?

I just paid for a set of douglas red label wheels.

I already have a set of douglas black label wheels on my yellow blaster but the tires on them are some old worn out holeshots. My wife's blaster has like new Kenda XCR's on stock wheels on it.

I'm thinking I should do a chinese fire drill of tires and put the XCR's on the red labels on my yellow blaster. The holeshots on the stockies on her blaster and the black label wheels with 21" 8 paddle tires on the dragger. What's everyone think? Black labels or red labels on the dragger?

blue lables!!! :p

your plan sounds best man!

blue lables!!! :p

your plan sounds best man!

:p I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for you blue label wheels today...

plus I got a BITCHING deal on the red label wheels. ($50 for the pair scuffed but not bent plus shipping of course) I really like the idea of the red label wheels on the dragger so the lug nuts holes are that much thicker... but I don't want the wheels and tires any heavier than they need to be.

Last edited:
Lame!!!! jk bro ive never seen this done before dont even know if it has(on a blaster) For you to do this in your garage with the tools you have are awesome. I dont think the 4 pokes wanna see you with a lathe and cnc you would be wooopin ass.

OH, if I had a lathe and a milling machine. Not even CNC.... I've got time to turn cranks myself.

One day, mark my words, I will have a tool room. When I do, I'll be dangerous!

:p I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for you blue label wheels today...

plus I got a BITCHING deal on the red label wheels. ($50 for the pair scuffed but not bent plus shipping of course) I really like the idea of the red label wheels on the dragger so the lug nuts holes are that much thicker... but I don't want the wheels and tires any heavier than they need to be.

sounds good..you dont need that thickness.. there are 150hp banhsee's running blue labels with no problems.

well sounds like I do need to do a chinese tire drill (HAHA!) and swap everything out.

The black labels I have are actually in pretty good shape and I wouldn't mind having the red labels on my trail bike.... I like the extra lip too... keep sticks out!

:p I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for you blue label wheels today....

baaaaaaaaaahahahaaaa
you qouted Wimpy

just curious about sumthin, wasnt it possible for one cdi to run 2 coils ????

I don't think it could. The power and trigger leg passes through the CDI box from the source coil.

I installed dual source coils, and dual CDI's but am running both of them on one trigger coil.

Looks like a sh*t load of progress! Nice fabbing skills, I just read 7 pages of posts and i was trying to figure out why 2 spark plugs. I had to miss that...

Ya have a cute son and looks like he will be a big guy too! Great future Blasty rider!

Good luck brutha, I hope ya get this thing screamin and smokin everything out there!

Looks like a sh*t load of progress! Nice fabbing skills, I just read 7 pages of posts and i was trying to figure out why 2 spark plugs. I had to miss that...

Ya have a cute son and looks like he will be a big guy too! Great future Blasty rider!

Good luck brutha, I hope ya get this thing screamin and smokin everything out there!

I'm going to be running 2 surface gap spark plugs in the same combustion chamber because nitromethane is more difficult to get to combust the more you have. As the ratio gets much over 30%, you need such a volume of fuel that it stays liquid and a single regular spark plug would "wet foul" and the spark would travel along the insulator to the base instead of jumping the gap. That wouldn't light the fuel off like a spark jumping the gap will. Surface gap plugs don't have a "stand-off" insulator like a regular plug so they can't "wet foul" and twice as much spark should keep the engine firing even when the plugs are wet.

In case anyone was wondering.... I plan on taking back the "faster blaster" title at the busco beach sand drags. Hell, high water, sleet, snow, and bodily injury isn't going to stop me...

In case anyone was wondering.... I plan on taking back the "faster blaster" title at the busco beach sand drags. Hell, high water, sleet, snow, and bodily injury isn't going to stop me...

thats one hell of a goal for anyone drag racing a blaster. i wish you luck! is this with you piloting the bike or someone else? you are a big dude and weight plays a big factor.

thats one hell of a goal for anyone drag racing a blaster. i wish you luck! is this with you piloting the bike or someone else? you are a big dude and weight plays a big factor.

I want to run this thing and see how fast a fat man can go but for the "title run" perhaps a little weight loss is in order.

I believe I have a pilot with a desire to go faster on a blaster... he's as halfcocked as I am but definitely weighs less.

Status
Not open for further replies.