When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord, I never realized how big this thread had become. You guys surely are encouraging him to spend a right large amount of MY time, out in the garage. ;-)

Thanks to all of the "Do you have an account on the Forum?" inquiries I got at Busco, here I am. You're welcome.

If you were at busco with him last time, why on earth didnt you tell him to pull his pants up???? LOL

Honestly? I've been looking at it for over 5 years. I think I've grown immune to "The Kracken," as we call it. He's most always being told by someone to pull his pants up. I say it's his Mechanic's Crack, since he's not a plumber. Yeah. Knee slapper, right?

man i do not think that is a stock blaster head.

hahahahha...good job on it.

AHHHH Chutzell and I discussed this the other day. This head would be called "blaster based", not stock. But it did in fact start off it's life in a yamaha showroom somewhere

would that give any benefit to a normal gas blaster? i know they do 3 plug raptor heads so would this prove the same??

link for reference: 3 Plug 660 Head For Sale - Raptor Forums: Yamaha Raptor Forums

Never seen such mess...... I LOVE IT! This is the same purpose.... to get all of the fuel to completely combust.

Honestly, gasoline is volatile enough to not NEED this sort of mod under 99% of the circumstances. This is a pretty extreme case (like the raptor head too) so more fire is needed.

Honestly? I've been looking at it for over 5 years. I think I've grown immune to "The Kracken," as we call it. He's most always being told by someone to pull his pants up. I say it's his Mechanic's Crack, since he's not a plumber. Yeah. Knee slapper, right?

8-| Just........ :p

Your one crazy ass guy for doing all this man. I have to give you rep, its necessary. Your insane to try something like a double plug head, but so intelligent and such a great welder that you could make it happen. Who would ever think that it would be possible to double plug a blaster cylinder head as a DIY! Jesus tap-dancing christ! Your f**cking insane! ITS CRAZY. Props man....Props..... Probably the craziest innovator I've ever seen.

Your one crazy ass guy for doing all this man. I have to give you rep, its necessary. Your insane to try something like a double plug head, but so intelligent and such a great welder that you could make it happen. Who would ever think that it would be possible to double plug a blaster cylinder head as a DIY! Jesus tap-dancing christ! Your f**cking insane! ITS CRAZY. Props man....Props..... Probably the craziest innovator I've ever seen.

This isn't THAT innovative.... just unusual to see someone do it with rudimentary tooling at their house. Generally something like this is designed from the ground up (like that raptor 660 head darederek posted) and not "made" from a stock head after the fact.

This isn't THAT innovative.... just unusual to see someone do it with rudimentary tooling at their house. Generally something like this is designed from the ground up (like that raptor 660 head darederek posted) and not "made" from a stock head after the fact.

Pssshhhhht....... Its insane and you know it. To do something that professional shops/businesses wouldn't even think of doing is crazy, add on your "rudimentary" tooling.... But you know how to keep it professional and you don't cut corners which I like a lot.

I finished sanding the mating surface last night and put a coat of black paint on the head but it was too late to take pics and post. Pictures this afternoon!

Also noobs, I drain the oil in the bayou yesterday. Would you believe, not a drop of water in it. Hell, I strained it and poured it back in there.... it wasn't burnt or anything!

The head all finished. Look familiar to anyone with a redesigned head for stock stroke?

DSC00305-5.jpg

DSC00306-7.jpg

The insane porting and light rust on the cylinder wall. I've purged this engine every single time I've run it..... just a reality of mixing nitric acid and water...

DSC00307-7.jpg

DSC00308-6.jpg

saaweet work man, those triples are huuuuge lol

Oh, now I got another cylinder too... I got that one from freek down at busco. I'm gonna do some testing with this top end and see how well this layout goes and see what changes I need to make before doing the next one but I'm thinking that I'm going to get some more 1" 6061 rod and weld all 4 mounting "ears" but only use 8mm holes in them (the aluminum in the case is the weak link anyway I believe) and do some MONSTER triples in it too:D

If my head temp so far is any indication, I know I can get away with cutting some of the cooling fins material away from around the exhaust port and welding material into the area where the triple "tunnel" gets thin. I think I'm happy with this port layout but I think it needs some more "breathing room" where the triple ports go into the main exhaust port towards the pipe. I believe there's a little more power to be had out of the boyesen ports as well. I may also try taking the transfer tunnels out to the max as well.... It seems to not be enough to divert up at a considerably different angle, I believe the wall thickness of the material surrounding transfers may hold some more power too.

If you think this cylinder is on the wild side, just you wait!

MUHAHAHAH! back to the mad scientists lair...

Status
Not open for further replies.