When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
very interesting transfer ports. i have never seen them done like that. you dont think the initial draw will casue too much turbulence?

nice to see you getting more done. you taking it busco on the 21st for TnT?

My main concern with the tranfers was short circuiting at high RPM's. Blasty's are exhaust lacking so I did everything I could to get more exhaust port but to keep charge from shooting straight out the exhaust without pushing the old charge out, I didn't cut the transfer rooves as steep at the end (below the triples)

hard to tell from the pics but looks like there would have been enough meat there to keep the short cicuiting at bay... either way looks good.

The pictures are MAJORLY blown up. That's a 66.5mm bore but in the picture the bore looks like 4" or so. There's not enough meat to up the entire transfer roof up to that angle and keep the "short circuit" buffer. I was going to say F'it and do the whole roof but figured there are actually some rules which aren't worth breaking...

The pictures are MAJORLY blown up. That's a 66.5mm bore but in the picture the bore looks like 4" or so. There's not enough meat to up the entire transfer roof up to that angle and keep the "short circuit" buffer. I was going to say F'it and do the whole roof but figured there are actually some rules which aren't worth breaking...

i dont blame ya. that would be a sh*tty problem to fix... probably have to do up another cylinder.

Oh yeah, remember the "slip" you asked me about, take another look. See what I was talking about? Not really worth chasing and taking out the ring "meeting" area do you think? The shadows made it look a LOT worse than it really is.

Oh yeah, remember the "slip" you asked me about, take another look. See what I was talking about? Not really worth chasing and taking out the ring "meeting" area do you think? The shadows made it look a LOT worse than it really is.

oh yeah i forgot before but now i see it... yeah thats not bad will have a very very minimal negative effect.

are you going to try and run at busco on the 21st?

I told you you needed to see the after bore pics to see how tiny the spot was.... the shadow made it look a LOT worse than it really is.

I was thinking about pissing my wife off no end and going down Friday night and just paying $10 to TNT. I need to test it.

I told you you needed to see the after bore pics to see how tiny the spot was.... the shadow made it look a LOT worse than it really is.

I was thinking about pissing my wife off no end and going down Friday night and just paying $10 to TNT. I need to test it.

cool.. you think you will have it tuned by then?

cool.. you think you will have it tuned by then?

I need the TNT to get it right... I don't have room to do hardly anything here.

It's a shame there isn't a more local to me riding area I couldn't just slap the dirt devils on it and go ride a flat section to tune the engine. I mean, I'm going to have to mess with gearing on the material we're gonna be running on (in this case mucky sand) with the tires I end up with but I don't have enough room to tune the engine at the house...

It's a shame there isn't a more local to me riding area I couldn't just slap the dirt devils on it and go ride a flat section to tune the engine. I mean, I'm going to have to mess with gearing on the material we're gonna be running on (in this case mucky sand) with the tires I end up with but I don't have enough room to tune the engine at the house...

You will have crazy tire spin but a gravel road i ride them all the time. Cops just tell you to stop riding ive never had them stop before dont think they mind.

yeah that can suck..i have to haul mine away to get anything more than 2nd gear so i feel ya there.

I actually have access to a field. Not really nearby (I seriously live in town) but about 15 minutes away.

I'd have to groom it though, it's just a big grass field. I'd need to mow and disc a straight stretch up to use it.

I actually have access to a field. Not really nearby (I seriously live in town) but about 15 minutes away.

I'd have to groom it though, it's just a big grass field. I'd need to mow and disc a straight stretch up to use it.

sounds like a pretty fine option..

sounds like a pretty fine option..

It's better than the other option of throwing rocks all over my garage again! I have a bunch of patch up painting to do now...

I'm going to fab the dual coil bracket tonight and get some more vacuum line for hooking the fuel pump back to the intake window tap.

I might actually be ready to fire it back up in the next day or two. Need to make it back to the hobby shop and pick up a gallon of the "good stuff" 30% so I can crank it again.

I decided I'd be better served to work on my "new" cylinder head than work on the coil mounting bracket. I can whip up the coil mounting bracket any old time but I'm really kinda concerned about the cylinder head and twin spark plug setup.

I took a completely stock usable blaster head and RUINED it first thing. I welded the spark plug hole completely closed... Then I smoothed out the "cone" where the original spark plug hole was in the combustion chamber and then drilled two holes (straight front and back)and used the Helicoil spark plug tap to cut threads. I'm going to put the "long" thread repair tubes in there so the spark plug can thread into good threads and loctite the tube into the head before using the "lock" ring to secure it.

In the pics only one tube is threaded so neither have their thread inserts in place. More work to do after dinner!

DSC00298-5.jpg

DSC00299-4.jpg

DSC00300-3.jpg

DSC00301-4.jpg

what do you think about a time cert?

I like the time-serts, I just don't have those. I actually bought the Helicoil "spark plug" thread repair kit to do a regular blaster head. The "spark plug" helicoil kit is more like the time-sert kit than a regular helicoil kit. The regular helicoils use that diamond shaped wire coil and you thread into the new threads and the ID is the same as the nominal thread. The "spark plug" kit is a solid tube with the first three threads or so with serrations on the outside and a special tap to insert it.

You over-tap the spark plug hole, loc-tite the insert, thread it into the hole, and then use a special "flare punch" to set the serrated threads into the over tapped hole to lock the tube into the head material. Works VERY well.

time cert is the same almost but at the bottom the sleeve is pinched in just a hair and you run a thread chase through to flare the bottom out and use locktite. I trust them completely. but that helicoil sounds pretty damn good too..

Status
Not open for further replies.