When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's two layers inside there... the actual stinger goes down inside the pipe about 11" and that's welded to the pipe and then there's a piece of stainless tubing welded over top of it as a sleeve that's also welded to the pipe.

You're right, I need to do some "butterfly" supports! LOL!

you will most likely be ok seeing as how that is double wall there. did the program you used call for the stinger to be setup like that?

The program doesn't allow for an internal stinger but I used AG Bell's book to determine the correct length and taper for the convergent cone to run an internal stinger versus what the program gave me for an external stinger.. The sound waves shouldn't know the difference if all my mathes's added up :)

The difference is my drag pipe sounds like any other aftermarket pipe but should put out about 70hp at 9,500 rpm.

I remounted it after doing some of the work to it and I changed the mounting just a tiny little bit but was easily able to thread the bolt into the "back" mount (through the end of the left footpeg) with ease. I'll consider that a gigantic victory if I didn't change anything too drastic to allow me to still install it. I'm going to cut out some plate tonight and weld it to the fitting I have bolted to the outside of the footpeg and "box" some of the bracket in so it'll survive a drag run.

The program doesn't allow for an internal stinger but I used AG Bell's book to determine the correct length and taper for the convergent cone to run an internal stinger versus what the program gave me for an external stinger.. The sound waves shouldn't know the difference if all my mathes's added up :)

The difference is my drag pipe sounds like any other aftermarket pipe but should put out about 70hp at 9,500 rpm.

I remounted it after doing some of the work to it and I changed the mounting just a tiny little bit but was easily able to thread the bolt into the "back" mount (through the end of the left footpeg) with ease. I'll consider that a gigantic victory if I didn't change anything too drastic to allow me to still install it. I'm going to cut out some plate tonight and weld it to the fitting I have bolted to the outside of the footpeg and "box" some of the bracket in so it'll survive a drag run.

all sounds well to me...was just curous on the internal stinger deal.. but bell wouldn't steer you wrong..I:I

I started working on the wiring harness for the dual ignition setup. I started thinking about a dual spark plug head as well. I think I can take out the three center cooling fins off the head and use a helicoil type insert inside the head after I build up a fair amount of material on the outside of the head and filling the original spark plug hole in smooth. Still more thinking and work to do. Right now, I'm just trying to get the wiring straightened up and get two coils mounted solid before I mess with the head.

Tater, I love the new siggy pic!

I started working on the wiring harness for the dual ignition setup. I started thinking about a dual spark plug head as well. I think I can take out the three center cooling fins off the head and use a helicoil type insert inside the head after I build up a fair amount of material on the outside of the head and filling the original spark plug hole in smooth. Still more thinking and work to do. Right now, I'm just trying to get the wiring straightened up and get two coils mounted solid before I mess with the head.

Tater, I love the new siggy pic!

thank you! i need black letters but photobucket is being a b**ch!

All weekend long I cracked jokes about SCD racing... you didn't get a single one huh?

LMAO! SCD racing is noobs tech department... carb repair man even.

Last edited:
I have a head which has been re-cut but the combustion chamber is WAYYYYY too small. I was thinking about whipping out the old tiggy and seeing what I can whip up with that thing.

I'm looking paddles.... I'm liking Skat-trak haulers or UL haulers but the price is RIDICULOUS. I know I need something other than these halfworn ITP sand stars. I mean, they'd be alright for someone who was playing around and didn't care about a little wear but not for this setup.

I'm thinking GBC sand devils perhaps. They don't offer the flexibility as far as paddle choices like the skat-traks do but they're MUCH less expensive and come in 20-11-8 8 paddle designed straight blade with a slight cup.

I'm thinking GBC sand devils perhaps. They don't offer the flexibility as far as paddle choices like the skat-traks do but they're MUCH less expensive and come in 20-11-8 8 paddle designed straight blade with a slight cup.

they seem like a close copy of a hauler. do you know the paddle height?

GBC says 3/4" blade height. I think the regular skat-trak haulers are 7/8", the extreme's are like 1 1/8". I don't have the power or budget for the extreme's LOL

Still on the fence because I found another version that's a near identical to the 8 paddle hauler's. 7/8" blade height and everything... about $150 for the 20-11-8 for a pair.

Sand Hauler Paddle Tire Set (2) Rear ATV Paddle Tire | eBay

They're called "sand haulers" these are the 21-12-8's for $150 shipped. They're advertised as being comparable to the "other" brands just less expensive. Perhaps these tires might be me... they seem about on par with my budget and power range. I'd like to have the 10 paddles but I'm not willing to pay an EXTRA $200 to get the 10 paddle haulers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sand Hauler Paddle Tire Set (2) Rear ATV Paddle Tire | eBay

They're called "sand haulers" these are the 21-12-8's for $150 shipped. They're advertised as being comparable to the "other" brands just less expensive. Perhaps these tires might be me... they seem about on par with my budget and power range. I'd like to have the 10 paddles but I'm not willing to pay an EXTRA $200 to get the 10 paddle haulers...

yeah man those look pretty good! i think they would do well for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, so I finally got some more pics..... not just talking about stuff.... doing things!

The porting pics are ones I took when I got the cylinder back from the machine shop but before I ever bolted it on. I had them on another memory card... lol

Here you go tater:

DSC00298-4.jpg

Remember this is a stock stroke quad with no spacer so port floors don't actually matter to flow. I only touched them in a few spots because they're inconsequential to this engine...

DSC00299-3.jpg

DSC00301-3.jpg

DSC00300-2.jpg

What is this? Two CDI's? That's crazy!

DSC00302-3.jpg

DSC00303-4.jpg

I worked on the fuel pump as well... I refashioned the second pump outlet into a "bleedoff" like YZ Otis was talking about but instead of jets, I made an adjustable version

DSC00306-6.jpg

DSC00304-4.jpg

DSC00305-3.jpg

DSC00307-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.