When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
only thing i just thought of is that how good is it vented? you may want to drill it and hookup a hose or something to vent it better. dont want to it to vacuum lock and starve the engine from fuel.

I'm going to have to check it out when it arrives. It's made for a "transfer" tank so I'm imagining it's vented fairly well but I may have to "modify" the internals to make sure it's not going to vacuum the tank. I certainly don't want to starve the engine for fuel at the rate it's going to be consuming it.

Edit: I calculated my total cost today. My budget was $500 and I have blown that by a little bit but not by an amount which is unattainable by "regular" folks.... My total cost for this build so far (actually the bore job hasn't been charged yet I know it will be in a few days) is $697.

I didn't include the slip rolls or argon in that figure for obvious reasons... I didn't only use either of those on this build... arguably some argon cost could be added but I just didn't because I didn't feel like it :p

Last edited:
I'm going to have to check it out when it arrives. It's made for a "transfer" tank so I'm imagining it's vented fairly well but I may have to "modify" the internals to make sure it's not going to vacuum the tank. I certainly don't want to starve the engine for fuel at the rate it's going to be consuming it.

Edit: I calculated my total cost today. My budget was $500 and I have blown that by a little bit but not by an amount which is unattainable by "regular" folks.... My total cost for this build so far (actually the bore job hasn't been charged yet I know it will be in a few days) is $697.

I didn't include the slip rolls or argon in that figure for obvious reasons... I didn't only use either of those on this build... arguably some argon cost could be added but I just didn't because I didn't feel like it :p

holy chit dude...ive spent more than just on my rims and tires lol

DSC00310-3.jpg

DSC00311-2.jpg

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00313.jpg

He's getting started early:

DSC00352.jpg

Going out to work on it:

DSC00338-2.jpg

Where is my adjustable?! ... I know you have it somewhere!

DSC00342.jpg

Nah.... just playing, he LOVES hanging upside down and laughs hysterically the whole time...

DSC00341.jpg

nice work on the wheelie bar, and awesome pics of the boy !!!!!!

LOL boy was outside so I was playing with him some this afternoon...

I actually got some more of the wheelie bar done later on in the evening but pics of that stuff will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

Got shipping confirmation on the inner clutch hub, filler neck, and Uni air filter and the piston arrived today so the top end is off at the machine shop. A few more days and I'm going to assemble and try to fire it up on 15% nitro fuel (what I have handy and about as good a test as possible in short order.

there is no way i am going to convince you to scrap that nitro idea is there??? lol..

With all that mega porting, timing advance, and super high rpm pipe. What are his other options? Would alcohol or meth work the same? I kinda thought the nitro was a cool idea. And if it doesnt work he can always try other fuel options

Methanol is another option because of its flame front speed density and AFR requirements but not one I'm willing to entertain at this time.

Tater, you're not convincing me otherwise buddy, I'm doing what I can to get this machine ready for a nitromethane blend. I happen to have 3/4 gallon of 15% nitro blend at the house so that's what I'm going to heat cycle it on. I'm going to pick up two gallons of 25%-30% nitro fuel from the local hobby shop if this thing runs on the 15%.

With all that mega porting, timing advance, and super high rpm pipe. What are his other options? Would alcohol or meth work the same? I kinda thought the nitro was a cool idea. And if it doesnt work he can always try other fuel options

yeah , like james said, it would run fine on straight mthanol. I:I

yeah , like james said, it would run fine on straight mthanol. I:I

But doesn't have the potential for power output.... with a regular bore, standard stroke engine, I need everything I can get out of it :p

I know you'd like to see it run on methanol because you'd actually like to see it run.... but I want to run it on a nitro blend because I want it to be absolutely everything it can be!

But doesn't have the potential for power output.... with a regular bore, standard stroke engine, I need everything I can get out of it :p

I know you'd like to see it run on methanol because you'd actually like to see it run.... but I want to run it on a nitro blend because I want it to be absolutely everything it can be!
:D
thats understandable..but like i said before, it is the tuning factor that would worry me... again best of luck with it.

Colby, I'm working on it boss. The next three days will make or break me.... wheelie bar finished tonight , tomorrow fuel tank lid and inner clutch hub in and clutch cover on, Thursday cylinder back and going on working on the electrical system.

Fingers crossed I'm going to try to crank it up this weekend. That leaves me about 4 days to do as much jetting as possible without being down at the track.

Back against the wall and it might be a photo finish at this point but I'm STILL looking like I might make it to busco beach with the beast.

i think ull make it, while ur on ur way down there, u work on the quad in the back, while someone drives.I:I

wish i could make it, man i would like to see all these beasts runnin. just upload a lot of vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.