When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I do know how much is in there. This is the second set.... the first set I blew through the side of my vito's intake window and played hell trying to fix it. :(

The trick to the CR reeds is to sand the sides of the reeds down until the pedals just barely fit and THEN work in intake window thin to accept the thinner reed cage. I didn't sand the reed cage on the one I put in the Vito's cylinder and that's why I blew though. It's all good in the hood now though.... I alumiwelded the side back up thicker than before (this was pre-tiggy) and went back for it.

The good news is, except for the ridiculous intake additions, that porting is all yamaha metal. If one didn't care to make boyesen's quite that large, you could port the triples that large, and the transfers out like that on any stock blasty cylinder.

that must not leave alot of gasket surface material for the reed cage when u shave down the intake window right?...and on my cr cage the reeds actually lined up with the outside of the intake window opening, did u have to trim the reeds down too?

awww ha ok the squareish port in the second picture threw me for a loop. The left side of it looked like it had rounded edges in the corners and left un-chamfered yet.

that must not leave alot of gasket surface material for the reed cage when u shave down the intake window right?...and on my cr cage the reeds actually lined up with the outside of the intake window opening, did u have to trim the reeds down too?

These reeds left about .5mm on each side of the pedals that was the black rubber stuff. That's the part to trim out. If you had aftermarket reeds on the CR cage, they may have gone all the way to the edge but it wouldn't hurt to trim them down because they can only flow what the hole in the cage allows them too no matter how wide the pedals are anyway....

Update: the case halves are finally together! I pulled the crank, slathered it in sealer and installed the stainless hex head bolt kit. It shifts smooth through all six (not like I'll be needing that many anyway but nice to know they're there!) and the crank turns nice and easy.

I've did hit a tiny bit of a snag..... all of the bottom ends I have, not a single one has come with stator bolts. If someone has a set of stator bolts lying about they wouldn't mind parting with for a few bucks ORRRRR could simply measure them so I could buy some at the hardware store I would much appreciate it. If you have some you wouldn't mind selling, PM me. Anyone who has the length of the bolts, just post it up!

oh yeah, I can wait.... I was just going to go to the hardware store and try to find one long enough or if someone had some laying around they wanted to get rid of, great!

If you can measure some for me tomorrow that would be awesome.

One of the port pictures gives me the illusion that the bar between the transfer ports is recessed ... say it ain't so ... damn monitor makes my eyes fuzzy :) ... interesting stuff ya got goin here.

The bar between the transfer ports is not recessed.... The materials between the transfers is thin (by design) and the original damage which caused the cylinder to be "volunteered" for this project has left a place in there a little low so the hone I ran around it didn't knock the old rusty crap off. Nothing a .020" bore job won't take care of.

great work on the cylinder and the pipe civic, awesome stuff.

where theres a will, theres a way my man I:I

Thanks dude. I'm working my tail off trying to get it ready in time. I still have a few more hangups and things to fab. I'm got the front and rear suspension made but I still have to fab the wheelie bar and the fuel cell.

Still have a BUNCH of stuff left to do! :D

Well, a few reasons.

At some point I'm going to have a HUGE chunk of pipe running through there. I'm going to make another pipe only the next one will be an in frame and I figure to clear the cylinder head the pipe would have to be oval cross sectioned (a no-no we all know) or passing through the lowest part of the stock gas tank. During the planning stage, I figured it would be easier to go ahead and eliminate the space problem by moving the fuel.

I also wanted to put as much of the "top" weight on the front as possible. Lower COG even if only but a touch so I'm going to make a cell to go inside the stock front bumper.

Nitro methane has enough oxygen in it in liquid for to oxidize plastic. Even a metal fuel cell has to be denatured with vinegar every so often to take the oxides off and fuel cannot be stored in the fuel cells either. I am going to be running the tank cover for looks though so it won't look weird.

The petcock would be a major roadblock in getting enough fuel into the floatbowl. I'm using a low pressure fuel pump to push it into the carb anyway so fuel height isn't an issue.

I've got a sheet of aluminum already I was planning on making the fuel cell out of anyway. I plan on tig'n it all together to go under the front bumper bolts so it bolts on with the bumper (instead of using separate mounts). I'm going to take a short piece of 3/4" aluminum round stock and weld that to the bottom corner of the tank and then NPT thread it 1/4" NPT so I can put a 5/16" hose barb into it. Should be no bottle neck for fuel flow in that setup.

I've got a sheet of aluminum already I was planning on making the fuel cell out of anyway. I plan on tig'n it all together to go under the front bumper bolts so it bolts on with the bumper (instead of using separate mounts). I'm going to take a short piece of 3/4" aluminum round stock and weld that to the bottom corner of the tank and then NPT thread it 1/4" NPT so I can put a 5/16" hose barb into it. Should be no bottle neck for fuel flow in that setup.

sounds pretty cool, you def do not want a weak link in fuel flow

I started the project trying to eliminate weak links in the fuel system. The fuel pump should really help in getting the volume of fuel need into this engine.

I know this is a little off topic but i seen on a earlier posting that you had a pipe building program. I am going to drag my Blaster and was interested in a out of frame pipe. Probably a little smaller than yours though. I know you are very busy now, with trying to get ready for busco. Sometime in the future would you be interested in making one of them and selling it ? If so how much?

Glad to hear you have the fuel system planned out. Just hope that fuel pump won't quit...alcohol motors get bratty when they have little to no fuel.

Luckily this is a fairly simple vacuum driven fuel pump so failure should be a relatively small possibility.

I have about half the fuel tank fabbed now. I have one more panel to weld in until the top/front/bottom/back done. I still have to cut the side panels out and weld them up but the top front and bottom are already welded together.

I'm figuring I'll have about a gallon capacity inside this fuel tank.

Pics tomorrow when I have some more of the tank done and the rest of the parts cut out....

Pics tomorrow when I have some more of the tank done and the rest of the parts cut out....

im waiting on pics of the tank, cause ill be in the market for one soon. if i like what i see maybe you could do a stock mount one for me some time down the road?

man i wish i could weld aluminum.... jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.