When it rains it pours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I will be the one nobody likes with their response. First off I give you credit for trying to do what you do. But lets be honest,cause just about everyone here has been nice and not speaking the truth.The port work is absolutely terrible and yes Kennedys does look better.I see major major problems with that cylinder and you will crack the sleeve in no time at all,along with many other points that will break.I am not going to get into it with you and pick apart every detail but you are way off and heading in the wrong direction.Kennedy does better than that, flotek,KOR,etc are not even in this league!! Wheeel barrow tires and rims for the front????WTF??? Safety is big,don't cut corners. I only speak the truth!!! There are some knowledgable guys in this thread complimenting on your work and being nice about it but lets be honest they are being civil and not speaking the truth.You get an A for effort but a F- for quality.Porting was designed years ago around numbers,it's all numbers.Why reinvent the wheel??Mine as well make the exhaust port 90% of the bore so you can really make this thing live on the edge!!! Take it for what it is but I am just giving it to you straight and not sugar coating my response to it.

Mine as well make the exhaust port 90% of the bore so you can really make this thing live on the edge!!!

But that wouldn't leave any room for my crappy work.... it would all be open exhaust port then...

We'll see. I said when I started this venture I was going to push some limits whether you're happy about that or not, I could care less.

Thank you for your response. Duly (or dually haha!) noted. One quick question though, if this thing DOES work will you eat that crow? Just be prepared.

Good entertainment thread :D ... Guess Busco will decide who eats what ... if everyone shows up without excuses ... LOL ... oh, the drama ... burp!

/\/\/\/\
i've seen that somewhere else, it's running nitromethane

I'm planning on running ~65% methanol in case anyone was wondering..... nitromethane is a really tough beast pure.

How many people have R/C cars? Ever thought about those engines blowing your hand off? This is just a really big R/C car I'm riding on LMAO!

Edit: just to clear up ANY confusion. A few interesting facts and a few explanations.

I weigh 325 lbs. NO drag ATV will be competitive with me on it.... if I can get it to run period I'm going to consider it a wild and wonderful victory.

I haven't touched that cylinder with anything other than a carbide burr. It's FAR from done as far as smoothing and polishing goes. I still have diamond burr in all of the ports and sand paper in the exhaust.

I respect Ken, Ken's work, and Ken's attitude. I notice he didn't post anything ill in here about anything I've done thus far. If this thing IS a ticking time bomb, it'll be MY ticking time bomb. If you're not offering praise (of goo shooting as it were) or advice(I'd like a little advice on the subjects covered instead of ill words) you don't even need to post. Just view long enough to read this and move on....

My budget for this build was a self imposed $500. My original completion date was going to be April to give me time to work out problems that are bound to arise.

This is a stock bore stock stroke stock frame drag bike running on methanol/nitromethane blend by a complete noob. If it runs at all I'm going to consider it a victory and short of it ACTUALLY blowing my hand off.... I'm going to be pleased with it.

Hell, I'm already pleased with it and it is still in pieces in the garage! Even if all it got was some other people thinking about ways to mod blasters..... I have done something already.

I still have a LOT of work to do. We're talking like two weeks and two days and I still don't have the bottom end together... If it runs by then I'm doing pretty darn well.

I made it a roller today. Despite my words to the contrary, I worked on it a bit today. I welded the rear strut on (which means it's actually a roller) and worked the CR reeds to fit inside the intake window. I'm getting closer to having the top end ready. I'm going to order a piston tomorrow probably so I can get this thing back from the machine shop before it's too late.

Last edited:
anything we do is dangerous, my ride to work everyday is dangerous, everytime i hop on any of my bikes, its dangerous, but its fun and i have seen some sh*t on the track and have had spme scuffs myself, i wouldnt attempt what ur doing but i do wish u good luck and put a piece of metal underneat the gas tank just in case...

anything we do is dangerous, my ride to work everyday is dangerous, everytime i hop on any of my bikes, its dangerous, but its fun and i have seen some sh*t on the track and have had spme scuffs myself, i wouldnt attempt what ur doing but i do wish u good luck and put a piece of metal underneat the gas tank just in case...

You think I should go with the plate? I guess if I put it under the tank cover and seat area without drilling it into the frame anywhere it would still be tucked out of the way and not make the *frame* non-stock but offer some blast protection. I think I might go see what I can source at the local Ace hardware. I think they may have a small piece of aluminum tread plate over there. Price is probably sky high but a few bucks for a piece of aluminum or pieces of metal in the stomach.... no brainer!

safety is key!! i know i wouldnt want them pulling shards of metal out of my ass or my gut!! def a no brainer! u got balls ill give u that.

Don't worry about it Boss. Nothing is going to hit you. It's just going to stop and send shards of piston into the crank. Possibly a rod out of the bottom end of the engine. Spend the loot on a deflector for the chain.

speaking of a deflector for the chain.... I need to look for a cutting board tomorrow.

I'm planning on making a nylon tray for the chain along the top front half and bottom back half.

Well I'd like to spend mega bucks and time fabricating a beautiful teflon slider. IF I had an unlimited budget and time I could get a WHOLE lot wilder than I already have...

But alas, I don't have time OR money so I'm going to take a cutting board, heat it ever so gently to bend it over, and make a slider tray. Slick nylon should work moderately well.

Well I'd like to spend mega bucks and time fabricating a beautiful teflon slider. IF I had an unlimited budget and time I could get a WHOLE lot wilder than I already have...

But alas, I don't have time OR money so I'm going to take a cutting board, heat it ever so gently to bend it over, and make a slider tray. Slick nylon should work moderately well.

i have a alot of polypropelene if you would rather use that i can ship ya a piece.

What was the original purpose? Is it a sheet or a block? Think chain would slide on it well?

I was going to use a nylon cutting board from big lots or similar because it's cheap, comes in a 1/4" sheet and the chain should slide on it relatively well.

What was the original purpose? Is it a sheet or a block? Think chain would slide on it well?

I was going to use a nylon cutting board from big lots or similar because it's cheap, comes in a 1/4" sheet and the chain should slide on it relatively well.

we use it at work for many different purposes, i work commercial construction. i have random pieces, most 3/4" thick. anywhere from say 4"X8" up to 8"X30". a chain would slide really well on it. thats one of the reasons i have it here..it would however require you cutting it to size..length width and height.

Status
Not open for further replies.