Whats the fastest quad your Blaster has beaten?

blasters can keep up with the new 450's easily with some little work and in the longrun still cost u less than buying a 450

I dont know man. I rode a friends YFZ450 and its insanely fast and powerfull and I dont think a Blaster can run with one. It would take alot of work if it could be done.

I dont know man. I rode a friends YFZ450 and its insanely fast and powerfull and I dont think a Blaster can run with one. It would take alot of work if it could be done.

theres no contest, my blaster had 4000 into it, and it would not touch my KTM, not even freaking close, you guys need to let it go, a blaster cannot outperform a 450 without spending rediculous money and being rebuilt every other ride, i race the cmrc series, blasters try to move up to my class but there is no catest whatsoever, 450>blaster, no questions asked

I totally agree a Blaster just don't got it against a 450 in the woods or on a MX track.
300ft drag then it's a different story.

I totally agree a Blaster just don't got it against a 450 in the woods or on a MX track.

or 500ft. heck even 1/8 or 1/4 mi.
they dont handle for crap..but can be a wicked drag quad.
=))

i beat a 400ex on my blaster and a yfz450 on my blaster around a track it took a while but i think he was tired, like i say its not the bike its the rider

when i rode mine i could keep up to two slightly modded yfzs on an mx track because i wasnt one to let off much, it took a while but im gettin there with the 450 now. i can ride the 450about 10-15secs a lap faster than the blaster at the parry sound track

Are you talking stock? Modded? Or are you just totally insane? A Blaster will not beat a 450 in a 300ft drag! Unless the Blaster is built just for that and the 450 isn't. Now, I'm not starting an argument I just saying that a Blaster with bolt on's will not beat a 450 with bolt on's in 300ft with equal riders. A stock blaster would not beat a stock 450 in 300ft with equal riders. You will have to start getting into the motor to do that. Then if you are doing that whats the point? Trench out the cases, long rod it, pump the compression up, BB it, Bigger carb, then ya your beating one. Do the same with a 450 and the Blaster is behind again. Now you snatch up a Banshee then the 450 doesn't have a chance in a drag "If" the Banshee has motor work done. JMO

i have my blasty in a lt250 frame because i love the power of the blasty and the ergonimics of the lt. and yes factory blaster is a turd. but you can definatly build the engine up and make good power.

paulie has a 400cc engine in his blaster. fyi.
and a piped shee (good pipes and tune) should beat a bolt-on 450
400cc engine in a Blaster! I bet that would be fun to play on!
Now on the piped shee and the bolt on 450, There are so many variables. Rider,tires,traction,gearing,tuning. Are we talking drag? Sand, clay, dirt? A friend and I raced my Yfz450 when the motor was stock with airbox removed and pea shooter removed rejetted and shee, simple bolt on's pipe intake and something on the carb, I forget now what they call it. We would trade back and forth wins in a drag race. Then I put on exhaust and Fuel customs intake and I would pull him out the hole and he would never catch up.

Last edited:
this vid is from 06..my blaster was alot slower then..300ft. loose loamy dirt.the yfz is piped cammed high compression piston ported ect..he even took me hard off the line..but yeah i guess vids do not prove anything..i forgot..sorry..=))

Last edited by a moderator:
400cc engine in a Blaster! I bet that would be fun to play on!
Now on the piped shee and the bolt on 450, There are so many variables. Rider,tires,traction,gearing,tuning. Are we talking drag? Sand, clay, dirt? A friend and I raced my Yfz450 when the motor was stock with airbox removed and pea shooter removed rejetted and shee, simple bolt on's pipe intake and something on the carb, I forget now what they call it. We would trade back and forth wins in a drag race. Then I put on exhaust and Fuel customs intake and I would pull him out the hole and he would never catch up.

Last edited by a moderator: