What quad would be good for me?

JD3020

Oct 30, 2008
Farmersville, Ohio
Since im about 99% sure im gonna part my Blaster out, i want to buy another sport quad. Mainly because our Foreman is my dad and brothers, and i beat the hell out of it. So far i only know of 1 quad near me. its a old Honda Foreman 350 4x4. If the guy still has it, and doesnt want a bunch for it ill most likely buy it. But if i dont i want to buy a sport quad. I basically i want something to beat on other then the Foreman. So what would be good for me? Im about 5'9" or 5'10", and 170. I need something with low end power. Because ill be riding a bunch on our trails, and riding in mud and hills. Plus riding in some snow I also plan on jumping it some, and doing wheelies. Ive searched for some Honda 300exs, but havent really found that much. So what would you guys suggest? I would like to get something under 1k, mainly because dad wont let me spend that much, and im probably going to buy a XBox 360 around Christmas time. Thats when the good deals are.

good luck finding a 2009 z400 for under 1k....

Look for older honda 250ex and 300ex quads. Usually pretty cheap and will get you through most trails. Maybe even a warrior. Jest look around, check craigs list and ebay in your area. Also the classifieds in your local paper. You can find really good deals on atv's this time of year.

good luck finding a 2009 z400 for under 1k....

Look for older honda 250ex and 300ex quads. Usually pretty cheap and will get you through most trails. Maybe even a warrior. Jest look around, check craigs list and ebay in your area. Also the classifieds in your local paper. You can find really good deals on atv's this time of year.

Yeah. I dont use ebay that much. I checked Craigslist earlier and nothing new had really been posted for blasters. Tonight i found a blaster a few hours from here for 500. It looks to be in great shape, but the ad says it doesnt run. Im going to talk to my dad and see if i can buy it. Hopefully ill be able to have a blaster, or at least one that is complete and could run.

man what happened? is the frame mangled or did u just not get the go ahead on buying an engine and stuff for it?

The frame and everything is in good shape. There is some dents on one of the A arms, and the front bumper is bent up. But other then that it could be in good shape with some sandblasting and paint.Dad just wont let me do it. If mine had a motor,he would probably let me do it. But since it has no tires, he wants me to scrap it. When it comes to me spending money, dad usually says no. But im hoping to buy the one for 500, and take the good stuff off of mine and put on to the other one. But im still not sure if dad will let me buy the Foreman, or the Blaster. I want to buy both, but who knows. I think that for the most part they both have all the parts, he will let me buy one of em. They will be two nice projects for me. But if the Blaster is a no, then im going to look around and hopefully find something else. The only downside to the blaster is its a few hours away. But we could go on a Sunday or Saturday and get it.

Well, found out today that the Foreman was sold a while ago, the blaster got sold tonight. So im back on the search for something. If you guys have any good suggestions, or come across a good deal somewhere, please tell me. Im new to the sport quad stuff so i dont know much about em.

dont buy a blaster not runnin for 500.. you will dump another 1k into it ... (like me)

although most of that is from a nwe vitos fat bastard exhaust, +2 swingarm, +4 adjustable axle and a port and polish ;-D
oh yea and new holeshots! i hillclimb with her now at some old coal mine place out near tamaqua. its called like new philly or something like that. the down side is most of the dudes i ride with have bikes so im always the slower one v.v but i do see other blasters up there haha

Yeah, do not go for the Blaster with the lowest price. I got mine for $450 and put over $2000 into it. I had a shop work on it though because I didnt know how easy they are to fix. I though alright, sweet I`m getting a good deal. I couldn`t ride it because it had no brakes but is started right up and sounded ok but I get it home and it takes forever to start and had hardly any power. You can get good Blaster`s for really cheap though I guess.

Thanks for the info. From the pictures the Blaster was in great shape. Came with 2 helmets and a new set of rear tires. All for 500. But becuase it was a good deal it sold quick. Im gonna keep checking Craigslist, maybe Ebay. But today i want to look in the classified sections of the newspapers, and run up into town and see if they have a ATV trader. But i would like to would rather get a sport quad, because we already have a Ranger and Foreman, so our off roading needs are kinda taken care of.

If you want to jump and have low end power, get a 400ex. You can find them for cheap and they are good quads. Don't get a warrior, they are heavy, slow and outdated. If you are planning on getting rid of the blaster frame, send me some pictures and a price and I might get it from you.

If you want to jump and have low end power, get a 400ex. You can find them for cheap and they are good quads. Don't get a warrior, they are heavy, slow and outdated. If you are planning on getting rid of the blaster frame, send me some pictures and a price and I might get it from you.

Ok, there are some pics of it in my introduction thread. It will be a week or two until ill be able to start stripping down the blaster though.

yeah i wouldn't go with a warrior, they are really heavy and not very fast. my buddy has one and we're pretty close on a drag (cause he put smaller tires on it and lower gearing) but i'll roast him on trails or hillclimbs anyday.

not too sure that the aftermarket is very good for them either. i know you can get higher comp pistons for it and maybe exhuast but seems like no one messes with them. although if you did get one and figured out how to make it fast it would be one heck of a sleeper cuase everyone knows they're slow lol