Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
got my wiseco top end bearing. Not much will get done until After xmas. Got some carbide burr bits for my dremel on my christmas list. So I should have the cylinder ported by the beginning of January. Frame is not getting powdercoated, unfortunately. Im using a paint gun and some automotive paint on the frame. Going to heat cure it on there. Same thing with the A-Arms and Swingarm. Then I can put everything back together! woooo!!!

Last edited:
Got a toomey B1 silencer for christmas. Chrome Stinger
DSC02841.jpg

Husky HVLP spray gun for my frame, a-arms, swingarm, etc etc
DSC02842.jpg

And a picture of SOME of the dough I got from relatives.
DSC02843.jpg

Thought I'd show you guys the frame color I picked:
KBC04_BC25.jpg

Change of plans, not going to port the cylinder. Too risky for someone inexperienced to do, so I'm sending it to SCD Racing for some minor porting and a cleanup :D

SHOULD be getting the auto paint this week, maybe tomorrow.

truest thing ever^^ just cuz we may own a quad dont mean we have money to blow. some of us have mouths to feed and a roof to pay for..

Small update. I won 2 8" beadlock DWT rings from ebay for $15. Plan is to tac weld them from the inside of the rim, just for looks. Also, sanded the sh*t out of the stator cover I got from slick, just needs some finer sand paper and then ready to be painted. Don't know when I'll be picking out the automotive colors for my frame and a-arms. Also ordered some belray.

Small update. I won 2 8" beadlock DWT rings from ebay for $15. Plan is to tac weld them from the inside of the rim, just for looks. Also, sanded the sh*t out of the stator cover I got from slick, just needs some finer sand paper and then ready to be painted. Don't know when I'll be picking out the automotive colors for my frame and a-arms. Also ordered some belray.

How many coats of paint was on that cover three four???

Well the beadlock rings came in. They look great and are in great condition. Cleaned them a little with a brillow pad. Heres a pic of them just sitting on the rims
DSC02866.jpg

DSC02870.jpg

Also ordered 2 more since I needed to get the inner sides of the rim hahahaa.

Thanks Slick!!!! I knew that beadlock rings are sold seperately for some brands and found these on eBay so I scooped them up cheap. They look almost new too!!!!!

Well, the rings are in fact aluminum, and my rims are steel. So welding them is impossible. Just going to hold onto the rings until I find some aluminums for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.