Triple_B's Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the day sandblasting today. My little 4 Gallon compressor couldn't provide the sufficient volume that the sandblaster needed, so my dad brought a 5 gallon one home from work. I ran a line from both of them to the sandblaster, worked much better. Also tried filtering the sand, worked good too. So the frame is pretty much done, preparation wise. Just going to do a few touch up areas tomorrow morning and then throw a coat of primer on there. Taking it down to my dads work on Saturday to paint. Got paint yesterday, $60 for a pint of the paint (color is Viper Blue, factory 2008 Dodge Viper's came this color). Plus activator, hardener, and clear coat, total came to $130. Also going to paint the A-Arms and Swingarm on Saturday. Only rattle can for them, metallic grey. Also might be sending my front hubs, rear hubs, carrier, and kicker lever to be PC'd gloss black by little3mil.

Here is Viper Blue:

f20ev7.jpg

Blasted the hell out of the frame today. Made sure there was NO factory paint + rust left. Then I threw a coat of primer on there, just to protect it against rust overnight. Painting will be tomorrow, as planned.

Pic of just after sandblasting
0413121523.jpg

Pic of the primer
0413121649.jpg

Tomorrow will be another coat of primer, then about 3 coats of paint, then 2 coats of clear. Going to my dads work to paint it, probably will take all day

Last edited:
Took 5 hours to paint today. All afternoon of mixing, wetsanding between each coat, waiting between each coat, took about 5 hours total.
0414121836.jpg

0414121835.jpg

My Pops had to show me what to do, so he did the first coat.
0414121559.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pics, I had to fit the whole frame in each picture by turning my phone sideways. Frame is drying at my dads work until Monday. Then I can start re-assembly!

lookin good Trip !!!!!!!

looking good buddy
Thanks man!
So where are the boobs gonna be on this thing? You have to include them... :p
Hahahaha.... When I get a Maier Race hood, I'll get a nice set of knockers up front :p
LOL I will make a set for it! I:I
Design Away man!
what size john deere u got in the background??
Which one? Theres 2 in the pictures. They have 4 others in another shop. This is at an airport, where my dad works
looks great! nice job on it!
Thanks Tater!

Status
Not open for further replies.