transmission oil

smallz33

Apr 26, 2010
does it matter what kind I put in I had fresh rebuild and the dealership told me best kind I could put in was the honda transmission fluid in a red bottle I put almost whole court in seems to be working good just wasn't sure if it mattered or not

I didn't evan know there was a sight view on the side of engine. I read two different things on two diff sites one said full court one said three fourths. but I probable leakedenough on the floor when I emptied it to pur new oil plug gasket on more like a washer ten gasket.. but would this cause it to smoke? I mean nothings coming out of tail pipe just sometimes it smokes sometime it don't it won't hurt if there is a lil extra in will it?

3/4 of a qt will be ok and i have heard of others running that honda oil and it should work fine.O-yeah it needs to be for wet clutch the oil you use.

it smokes because of the two stroke oil that collects in the crankcase during easier riding and idle... the tranny fluid has no effect on it smoking... if you overfill it, it will just run out the overflow in the top... but yeah, as stated before, it should be half way up the "sight glass" on the clutch cover side.. its in the lower, rear section near the foot peg.

I figured that it was the 2 stroke oil. I just thought maybe I was getting a tranny leak into top of head somewhere I was worried lol My dad said Im putting to much oil in but i only did 32 : 1 and but she sounds like a beast now witht the fmf.. Ive had it for a month bought it for 350 stock just had to put engine in and change crank seals I end up droppin almost a g in parts into it and aint done yet.. Probably boyseen reeds next and and a rear hydro brake

so i need thirty posts to access for sale and wanted? lol guess im going to satrt posting away

650 cc's of tranny fluid is what goes in. i would get it all out, measure it correctly and refill. ive just started useing rotella 15w 40 diesel oil, im lovin it so far and ive heard nothing but good things about it. and if you are going to use tranny fluid it must be " type f" for wet clutches.