• WSM Platuim

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • other (post below)

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

96MXBlaster

Jun 20, 2010
SD
ok im trying to decide which top end rebuild kit to order. please pick the best kit you have had. wiesco is out because they are a little bit to costly for my budget. if your choice isnt in the poll please post the name of the kit below and where to find it

a quick look on ebay at piston kits, reminded me of a very important decision
which ever kit you get, DO NOT buy the complete kits with the green base gaskets,
THEY WILL LEAK and fry your sh*t

i cheaped out twice and ken got me vertex pistons, one in my sons and my buddies budget build, they're doing just fine

WISECO'S for me !!!!!!

a quick look on ebay at piston kits, reminded me of a very important decision
which ever kit you get, DO NOT buy the complete kits with the green base gaskets,
THEY WILL LEAK and fry your sh*t

i cheaped out twice and ken got me vertex pistons, one in my sons and my buddies budget build, they're doing just fine

WISECO'S for me !!!!!!

ok i am looking at a wsm platuim top end rebuild kit with all gaskets is that one of the rip offs??

that looks like a paper gasket to me, as with the green ones, it has that line of silicon to seal it
only use a factory yamaha or cometic gasket

and why are you getting a standard bore ????
does this cylinder not need bored ????

this one looks to have a factory gasket, i can see the shinyness on it..........
go to that persons store and see if it's avaiable in your size

1988-2006 YAMAHA BLASTER YFS 200 NAMURA .060 PISTON KIT, GASKET SET | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
the cylinder looks great all it needs is a hone and my friend does that so im taking it to him for that. as soon as the top end is rebuilt its going on craigslist so i can buy my friends z400

what were the piston to cylinder clearences ?????, cause last i checked not even the best trained eye can tell if a cylinder needs bored or not without checking the clearences ???

so if your selling it and don't give a sh*t about any of that, have at a green paper gasket too if its the cheapest

well i have rebuilt 6 motors in the last 6 months and i runned a hone thorugh all of them and they run just fine

6 engines in 6 months and your asking these questions ????

ur ditching the blaster for a junk Z400? lol bring it to the races after you get it so i can take your money haha :). what kits did u use on the other 6 motors u have built?

and 6 rebuilds in a row without needing a bore ....you're the luckiest dude on here

well these werent blaster engines i was just wondering what kits you guys would reccommend jees. you guys have learned the hard way what kits are rip offs and what ones arent

ur ditching the blaster for a junk Z400? lol bring it to the races after you get it so i can take your money haha :). what kits did u use on the other 6 motors u have built?

muahaha ill race you on a mx track. but i just assymled these motors for friends and 2 of my engines. they all came with pistons i just assymled them this is the first time rebuildinjg a top end on a blaster