The build has begun!

Ya know....i did that...and wasn't sure how it was supposed to operate. I noticed it went fully to the stops on the shift drum where the shift forks roll on. I wasn't sure about it or not...but I noticed the shift forks were numbered and I followed it by the book. The shift forks only go in one way....I flipped them around and then they wouldn't ride on the drum, and they fit in between the gears one way where they were positioned also. Pretty simple as long as all gears are on the shafts!

Thanks YB...

Drilling the holes will be something I do this week...I got the stator plate blasted off a while ago

Before

IMG_8796.jpg

After

IMG_8807.jpg

like so....then just turn it and screw her down....i had to bend that little metal thing so i could spin the stator then just bend it back
ats0tw.jpg

I was looking at that a while ago YB and checking the measurements with my caliper

IMG_8808.jpg

IMG_8809.jpg

Marking it at the right locations, then drilling

Well I did it just now...patience...sometimes I have none! I think i went a little far with it...so i'm just gonna back it up just a touch

I didn't take into account the thickness of the drill bit so I drilled on my mark. It's all good, I may get a better stator one day, but this one will do for now

Thats it! Thanks man!

I'd love to have my clutch cover modded like that...this way I can see what the oil looks like inside and it also adds to the look of the bike as well

None so far...just working and getting things situated for the kids and the weekend. I'm sure I will dive in some this weekend. I am gonna get the oven back up too and order some powder. I am thinking of this color orange for the frame and some other things...

S51259_image.jpg

And this for some other parts to offset that

MBC099_image.jpg