The build has begun!

So I got my blast cabinet back up, and decided to try some glass media for shining up the cases a little better. This is a rough cut of one side, but this was one pass at 80PSI and next I will back it down to 40PSI and make it shine up a little more.

Oh...and the bearings will be thoroughly washed out from all glass media and oil ran over them to protect them for the time being

IMG_8781.jpg

IMG_8782.jpg

IMG_8783.jpg

Here is the other sidecase to show you what I was working with

IMG_8784.jpg

That only took about 15 minutes...next pass will be slower and take about 25 minutes to 30 for the shining up part

I still have some grease spots here and there to dig out as well...but I'll get them done tomorrow and post up better pics. This gives you an idea if you wanna polish the cases to factory new if you want to without the effort of degreasing and using a wheel to get it to look decently clean

The guy said he would exchange them out 1 for 1...and offered painting or powder coating. I told him to make sure the bolt lined up, and to powder coat it. I believe I may have him to send me a bare one and gusset that one for strength.

Also I'm gonna send my stock one to YB maybe tomorrow and have him to extend that one for a backup.

I wanna round carrier style, but damn the price!

The guy said he would exchange them out 1 for 1...and offered painting or powder coating. I told him to make sure the bolt lined up, and to powder coat it. I believe I may have him to send me a bare one and gusset that one for strength.

Also I'm gonna send my stock one to YB maybe tomorrow and have him to extend that one for a backup.

I wanna round carrier style, but damn the price!

atleast hes makin good ya know. so thats always a good thing. And as for a carrier do what i did,buy a billet one...it looks fukin sweeeetttt
YAMAHA BLASTER 200 DUAL ROW REAR AXLE BEARING CARRIERS:eBay Motors (item 190345502043 end time Nov-28-09 12:00:11 PST)

i cant wait till i get it and i put the Gforce axle in it..gonna looked blinged out.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh he's making good...but i hate waiting again and just the inconvenience of it all. I believe in do things right the first time...and this swingarm makes me feel uneasy. Who knows...I may just make sure all is good on it, and gusset it and sell it here on the forums so noone else will have any problems out of it. I dunno...

I like these swingarms

Yamaha Swingarm

Scroll down and see the round style carrier one...but once again, i'd have to buy a round carrier as well and that jacks the price back up to unaffordable.

I like that carrier you posted up...so that fits the stock swingarm and looks to be MUCH lighter?

Yeh he's making good...but i hate waiting again and just the inconvenience of it all. I believe in do things right the first time...and this swingarm makes me feel uneasy. Who knows...I may just make sure all is good on it, and gusset it and sell it here on the forums so noone else will have any problems out of it. I dunno...

I like these swingarms

Yamaha Swingarm

Scroll down and see the round style carrier one...but once again, i'd have to buy a round carrier as well and that jacks the price back up to unaffordable.

I like that carrier you posted up...so that fits the stock swingarm and looks to be MUCH lighter?

yea there pretty pricey,but deff strong,i can get the burgard ones for 400 everything included. yea the one i posted is mean as hell and like half the weight. Fits the stocker 03+ theres another one for the 02- models.

Well I got some progress today....got the cases blasted off again and the factory silver is back

IMG_8787.jpg

Test fitting the cases

IMG_8788.jpg

Then i put a very thin film of Yamabond 4 on them and cranked the other side of the case down on the crank. I also tested out my clearance on my stroker crank and it does very well with the rod in the middle of the stroke, and turning it around

Here they are put together

IMG_8793.jpg

IMG_8794.jpg

IMG_8795.jpg

IMG_8792.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

Oh yeh....before i sealed up the cases and put the crank in there snug, I tested out the gears and see if they shifted correctly

IMG_8785.jpg

IMG_8786.jpg

Tomorrow I'm gonna clean up this dirty stator plate

IMG_8796.jpg

And put the seals in it...and maybe I'll put all the gears and clutch back on tomorrow too. It's time to watch Ghosthunters

hey man you still want me to do that swinger....i got a pic of nonpoints up in my ad in the ad section....hope to hear from ya

So after extensive reading on this spacer plate for the stroker crank, I'm ditching the spacer plate since it was port matched by Kennedy's before. I noticed it also had 2 gaskets with the Vito's stroker crank. I just use one gasket, correct? See no sense in doubling up on gaskets...

For future reference to check if your transmission is together right just put both shafts in and rotate the shift drum, and it will shift if it is together right, you have to spin the shafts of course.