Some new stuff!

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
Along with the forum came parts :cool: (no more thumbs up smily :( )

I got my DMC pipe today, and a goodie box from jus_me (thank you!)

I decided i wanted my handlebars higher, and not really being able to use a riser with my fatbar clamp, i decided the next cheapest way would be to cut and extend the stock stem. jus_me had made a thread a little while before that time that i sent him a message about getting a piece of the stem. Giz wanted to raise his also, but he changed his mind because he will have to sell it soon.

Unfortunately, my exhaust flange was misplaced, or thrown away... So i have to wait for a new one to get here to mount up the new pipe.

Current progress:

The plan is to bring it to school Monday, and use the metal chop saw to put a good straight cut on it, then cut a 3 inch piece from the chunk i have and weld it together.

Comments, questions or critism below o_O

Sounds like a good plan. Are you doing it for a school project, or are they just letting you do it for yourself? Either way that's pretty cool of the teacher!

Your going with the Alien instead of the lrd adjustable. I thought right bends are where the power is at.
Looking forward to pictures of your extended stem, nice.

cut a another section of the tube, cut it down the center. drill a couple holes in the current stem where you cut it and in the extension. take the piece that is cut down the center and squeeze it together and insert it into your stem. than plug weld the holes than seam welt it. it will be stronger. if you you need more pioe, let me know. my stock stem is bent and not worth much of anything.

Reactions: bummer981
i forget which exactly, but 1/2" or 3/4" black iron pipe fits snuggly inside the stock stem tubing, thats how i extended the black bikes stem.
make sure your extension/welds are below where the top clamp will be, it will not be where it's currently showing, but down the same amount of inches you extend it, be sure to allow for that.

ok tha
i forget which exactly, but 1/2" or 3/4" black iron pipe fits snuggly inside the stock stem tubing, thats how i extended the black bikes stem.
make sure your extension/welds are below where the top clamp will be, it will not be where it's currently showing, but down the same amount of inches you extend it, be sure to allow for that.

ok thanks we will check into that before doing, and plug weld it also

Oh good ideas, thank you :D

I will do what awk said. we had thought of putting another pipe inside it, but werent sure what way to do it

I did plan to cut it down low, so it will not interfere with the clamp

Your going with the Alien instead of the lrd adjustable. I thought right bends are where the power is at.
Looking forward to pictures of your extended stem, nice.

The power is where the pipe puts it, right bends put it high, DMC is awesome in the low/mids.

Add a reed spacer block between the reeds and the jug, advance the ignition +4, mix at 25:1 and hang on.

How many revolutions does each spring make inside the filter?

what level of obsessive compulsive disorder does counting spring revolutions fall under ? o_O

(my mother counts stairs every trip up, and can tell you exactly how many knives/forks/spoons are in her kitchen drawer at all times :eek: )

Herp what happens if you miss count on the way down? Do you start walking like your on the moon?

^^ he starts over, and he also flips the light switch 6 times and hates when the light switches aren't facing down

3 way switches have to drive him bonkers, one of them is always facing up, even if the light is off

he doesn't knock on doors while saying penny 3 times like his hero sheldon does ?