Some new stuff!

All ready to weld tomorrow!

I dont want to weld it tonight, shed isnt very bright, its cold, and i have a teacher to help me in school

I put the pieces together, then set it on the floor to get everything squared and straight.
Held the angle under it and clamped it on :D

Sure glad it wont weigh this much in the end lol

Definitely will.

When i drilled the holes for plug welding, i used the wrong bit the first 2 holes. It didnt even drill through, it heated up so much it pushed through lol.

So i had to make the holes bigger to cut off the flakes on the back that i couldnt remove

My brother asked me why i didnt tack it rather than clamping it.
1) Because if i had started, i would have wanted to finish.
2) Didnt have the helmet
3) colder than mars... (not today, but has been lol)

Definitely will.

My brother asked me why i didnt tack it rather than clamping it.
1) Because if i had started, i would have wanted to finish.
2) Didnt have the helmet
3) colder than mars... (not today, but has been lol)

theres a helmet out hanging n the wall, its just not an auto u wuss

Cant wait to get it all together....

Waiting on the exhaust gasket is all now.

The nut where every silencer mounts is stripped on my quad, so i need to find a longer bolt and nut for the DMC than my LRD had needed to hold it on

I plan to just use a piece of angle iron to mount the tail light to my grab bar, removable, and strong

How could i make a mount for the CFM without welding one? Or would welding be the best way?
Plus i dont have an extra mount from a different frame, so i would have to make one

How could i make a mount for the CFM without welding one?

you can kinda see in this pic, at the front 2 sides, and 2 off the rear of the box, the aluminum tabs i made that bolt into the box, then wrap up over the frame to the plastic mounts on the frame.
the 4 rear bolts for the plastics go down thru the tabs to hold it and the rear plastics to the frame.
(and no, i never ran that filter, it came with my cfm when bought used, my buddy has that filter on his dodge neon now, i have a uni filter)

cfm.jpg

Ok, giz and i thought they had tabs that wrapped around the frame, or that sat on top. We had never seen one out of a blaster lol

I think i will put a tab from the grab bar mounts to the back left of the box.

Possibly look into welding a mount on, but doubt it. I should really strip my frame and get it re-powdered.

I still dont get why they made it to wedge between the frame bars.... just stupid, better not rattle

I also noticed my tabs on the bottom are not level, so somehow they got bent.... I noticed that just after i was done welding.

Could i put it in a bench vice and heat it up to bend it back? Obviously i had been riding with it like that for a while...

I also noticed my tabs on the bottom are not level, so somehow they got bent.... I noticed that just after i was done welding.

Could i put it in a bench vice and heat it up to bend it back? Obviously i had been riding with it like that for a while...

i told you in my original replies to this thread that you were going to think the tabs were bent,
(go back and really read what i posted this time)
and that they are not bent, they are all just like that, one tab looks bent but thats how they are, at least the 5 or 6 i have fooled with, so it has to be...thats how they are.
don't worry about it, and definately don't try to bend cast metal, or you'll be looking for a new stem

can you not hear the words coming out of my mouth ? :)
i told you that you'd think the tabs were bent, but thats how they are.

do not try to bend cast metal, or you'll be looking for a new stem.
thats how they all are, at least the 6-7 i have fooled with, no worries.

Weird that its made that way....

And i just looked at every one of your replies here, none said anything about the tabs that i saw. So if you are hiding some, please share lol :D

Weird that its made that way....

And i just looked at every one of your replies here, none said anything about the tabs that i saw. So if you are hiding some, please share lol :D

i am not hiding anything, i swear I did type that, not sure why it didn't make it into my post ?.... my bad.
but i was looking for a reason to qoute chris rock :)

I did it during "study hall" (i havent been in the class for 3 weeks)

The teacher had a meeting for some group that day, so he didnt see the welds.
Although he said i was the best in the class, so i figure i could handle a small weld like this :p

I didnt want to weld to the frame, and have to primer something black/grey

So i improvised :D

We had this aluminum strip, so i used a few inches I:I

I also drilled the DMC flange holes a tiny bit bigger to run the bolts i use through. I have larger bolts because i stripped a stock one this summa

Painted my stem with 3M undercoating, instead of primer and or paint. Letting it dry

After i get my exhaust gasket, i can put everything back together and be done! :D